“Active” member?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
To be perfectly honest, a big part of me wishes we didn't have a for sale section. It exists in part because there are good members here that I'd like to help and really, not having a sub-forum specifically for it just gets people trying to sell stuff in other sub-forums. With that said, this new forum software uses a trophy system and you are awarded points based on your activity here. Having a ton of posts will NOT get you points. Being a good member, a helpful member will. These points are awarded automatically.

kevman65

Hooked
To be perfectly honest, a big part of me wishes we didn't have a for sale section. It exists in part because there are good members here that I'd like to help and really, not having a sub-forum specifically for it just gets people trying to sell stuff in other sub-forums. With that said, this new forum software uses a trophy system and you are awarded points based on your activity here. Having a ton of posts will NOT get you points. Being a good member, a helpful member will. These points are awarded automatically.
Dammit! So being a crotchitty old fart screaming "GET OFF MY LAWN" at people isn't doing me ANY damned good.

🍻

KevinG

Caught the Bug
My first couple of months here I spent a lot of time reading the infirmary threads. The majority show you what NOT to do in the sale section. You can really see the definite line between an active member and someone just trying to off load their junk in Eddies house. They're pretty fun to read and really brings a lot of appreciation for what guys like WJCO and Overlander do.

sm31

I don't like it either... but that's because I live in AK and I get jealous with all the wheeling & dropping by & socializing & wrenching & drinking & parts swapping down there in the CA/NV/UT area.

Yeah-im-jealous-meme-36317.jpg

XX4xEXX

Caught the Bug
It's an algorithm thing.

I'm still locked but as soon as it unlocks I've got some nice freebies for our Veterans to post.

There isn't a hard cut answer to this other than someone that at least participates on a regular basis. There are constantly jackasses that post up their shit for sale with their first post - nope - you're gonna get scorched for that.
Or the idiots that come calling whenever a vendor is gracious enough to sponsor a giveaway - that brings the first posters from out of the woodwork for sure.
Honestly, IMHO, you've been around and participated enough that you should be ok.

Just remember that this is a community, not just a forum. A lot of us know each other and have met in person so this is a big group of friends here, not just anonymous keyboard warriors as the trolls put it.

Top Bottom