Wriggling steering with hydro assist?

Foley

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my hydraulic ram. My steering feels fidgety. I didn't change anything, it just happened. Its mostly happen with lower speed and larger turns.

I check every hoses, connections and the fluid. Everything looks okay for me.

Its a Redneck Ram with a stock steering box.

Does someone know why the steering does it?

Lg

Bierpower

Hooked
Thank you. Now my steering feels normal again. I think there was just a little air in the system.

At all, thank you guys for the quick help.

Lg
If the system has been installed for a while and it just started, you may want to look over all of your connections to make sure your not sucking in air somewhere.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
If it happens again, you may have a small leak in the system.

I found which connection was leaking by taking strips of blue shop towels and wrapping them around each connection.

Drive it around and check for for which towel is wet - that's where your leak is.

Foley

Hi,

I have checked every connection end re torqued it. No leaks like before. I dont understand that, but I hope it will not wriggling again.

Does a bigger steering pump help when I turn really fast from left to right? Fells that the ram dont get enough fluid.

Lg

Last edited:

BaddestCross

Hi,

I have checked every connection end re torqued it. No leaks like before. I dont understand that, but I hope it will not wriggling again.

Does a bigger steering pump help when I turn really fast from left to right? Fells that the ram dont get enough fluid.

Lg
You need the new pulley that RnR offers to fix that, but if Bubba gets you one before me there will be hell to pay. [emoji23]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Foley

You need the new pulley that RnR offers to fix that, but if Bubba gets you one before me there will be hell to pay. [emoji23]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Hi,

I fear that the RnR Pully will not fit the diesel. I will contact them. Maybee they can get me some measurements so I can compare it.

As far as the engine and auxiliary units are concerned, there is unfortunately not even 5% of what is available for the 3.6 petrol engine.

Lg

Top Bottom