Would you rather...

Pursesnatcher

So, you have a 2016 Sport S Unlimited. Literally the only mods you've done so far are upgraded headlights.

You want to mod your Jeep and you're down to two options:

A.)
JKS 3.5in JSPEC / EVO 3in Enforcer
JKS Drag link flip / EVO DFL + Rancho 7000
EVO C Gusset
4.88 regear
Goodyear Duratrac 315/70R17 OR Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.50R17
Spacers + Stock JK Sport Wheels

B.)
TeraFlex Budget Boost
Rancho 7000
EVO C Gusset
4.88 regear
Method VEX 17x8.5

I lean toward (A), because I know the parts are higher quality. I lean toward (B) for the wheels and the fact that I'm not sure if the EVO/JKS is too much. Thoughts?

Both are in similar price ranges, but (B) is a hair cheaper. What would you do?! Would you do it differently? I have around $5k to play with.

Also, I know there are a TON of threads that ask similar questions. But I'm about to pull the trigger on either of these setups and I'd appreciate the feedback. Thanks all!

Last edited:

JeepJeep75

Option a for sure! Get the suspension dialed before the fancy wheels. I'm on the 3 inch enforcer with the stock 33 inch Ruby wheels still and love it!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Easy, Option A. I don't think you can go wrong with either lift (even tho opinions of ride quality will differ) or either set of tires.

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
So, you have a 2016 Sport S Unlimited. Literally the only mods you've done so far are upgraded headlights.

You want to mod your Jeep and you're down to two options:

A.)
JKS 3.5in JSPEC / EVO 3in Enforcer
JKS Drag link flip / EVO DFL + Rancho 7000
EVO C Gusset
4.88 regear
Spacers + Stock JK Sport Wheels

B.)
TeraFlex Budget Boost
Rancho 7000
EVO C Gusset
4.88 regear
Method VEX 17x8.5

I lean toward (A), because I know the parts are higher quality. I lean toward (B) for the wheels and the fact that I'm not sure if the EVO/JKS is too much. Thoughts?

Both are in similar price ranges, but (B) is a hair cheaper. What would you do?! Would you do it differently? I have around $5k to play with.

Also, I know there are a TON of threads that ask similar questions. But I'm about to pull the trigger on either of these setups and I'd appreciate the feedback. Thanks all!

... A...
Upgrading to the 9ks Ranchos is also a very popular choice being that they are adjustable :thumb:
spacers and stock wheels will work fine until you save some coin and get the wheels you want.

IMO it never make sense to "save money" on cheap parts... it ALWAYS ends up costing more, because the parts you "saved" money on, either wear out or suck from the beginning and you WILL upgrade. so buy right the first time. :twocents:

Pursesnatcher

Thanks for all the responses guys, I was leaning toward option A anyways. After you throw in shocks and the budget boost you're in the $700 range... I think I can justify spending the extra $500-700 doing it right the first time.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I'd say, A. You can throw a leveling kit on it for a couple of hundred bucks, to clear the tires, until you get the lift, then sell it, after.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

Granite has got a good point. You could always sell the BB when you get the Enforcer.
I actually was going the other way with it. I got my BB for free so there's not much resale value on them. If you can find a free one and don't want to wait, it's a good way to go. Otherwise I'd just save and go straight for the lift. If you put a couple hundred bucks into the BB, then you're starting from zero to save for the lift, and then your budget boost doesn't resale for much. In the long run it'll cost more to step up first to BB then to lift. But, again, if you can find one for free...

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

catahoula

Caught the Bug
You can still get those and leveling its pretty cheap as well. You can always buy the Enforcer in pieces. Hold off on the arms and purchase later.

Pursesnatcher

Great thought as well, and sort of my thinking. Also, picking up the budget boost would give me a chance to see if that system is really all that I need. And later on in 6mo-1 year move up to a higher quality system.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
I have a TF budget boost on mine. Trying to save for an Enforcer or JSpec

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

How is the ride on that BB, @GraniteCrystal?

Top Bottom