Work in progress

Graywolf

I got my 2012 JKU Rubicon during the year end clearance sales. So needless to say I got it for a good deal. I had been looking for a striped down model with the Rubicon extras. and a 6 speed manual trans. I have been trying to build it as a sleeper rig, to date it has 5:13 gears, 37" General Grabber X3's and a 4"mopar lift. I also made a high clearance rear bumper and redid the exhaust buy removing the rear mount muffler and the resonator and put a new dynomax muffler where the resonator was. Then ran the tail pipe straight out to the left rear corner. Here are some pictures of our trip to Moab running the Prichette Canyon. I might add that it is a trailer Queen, but in my defense, we are in our 70's and don't do a lot of tent camping anymore. Our tow rig is a 37' diesel pusher. But we do tent camp when running trails like Fordyce and the Rubicon. The pictures are when it still had 35" BFG KO2"s , Sorry for the lame pictures but anyone who has run Pritchette knows it take your full attention:eek: Samsung iphone photos 2013-2014 205.jpg Samsung iphone photos 2013-2014 162.jpg

Graywolf

It was fairly simple, just bought some 5" channel iron and slipped it over the end of the frame, measured the existing mounting holes and weld some 3/16th flat iron and some gussets, drilled the holes and capped the ends ground down all the outside welds and painted. Bolted on with the factory bolts. I also used a hole saw to mount a 7 pin trailer plug. , :)

Top Bottom