Wood working

For the most part I built all the furniture in our house. It’s mostly simple farmhouse style, but a fun weekend project on each piece. Image1523276000.187541.jpgImage1523276014.785881.jpgImage1523276023.150447.jpg

Since we are moving and sadly can’t take them with, I had to take some photos for craigslist.

For the most part I built all the furniture in our house. It’s mostly simple farmhouse style, but a fun weekend project on each piece.

Since we are moving and sadly can’t take them with, I had to take some photos for craigslist.

Those look great.

Thought I’d dig up this old thread and post up my sanity project from today. It’s made from old oak pallet wood. It’s a cargo box to keep the fluids, tools, straps, etc. when on the trails.

First I measured the cargo area and then drew up the plans from an idea in my head.

IMG_0147.jpg
IMG_0150.jpg

Rounded up the wood from my stash.
IMG_0145.jpg

The tow truck makes a good work bench!
IMG_0148.jpg

Cut it all per the cut sheet and sanded.
IMG_0151.jpg

A little Craig Jig action then assembly.
IMG_0152.jpg
IMG_0156.jpg
IMG_0157.jpg
IMG_0158.jpg

I’m on the fence about whether to stain and polly it or paint it black. I usually lean towards a dark walnut or mahogany stain on my projects, but my 11 yr old son thinks we should paint it black to blend in the the Jeep.

It would be a shame to cover up the beautiful potential of the oak though.

What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Cool idea! I’m contemplating something similar, especially since I have the recessed speaker in the rear cargo area that I would rather not cover. I’d say stain it black. I have a tough time not murdering out EVERYTHING though so I’m kinda biased haha

I wonder if I could find a black stain? Might be a compromise. I’ll have to look around and see what’s available.

Here is the finished product. I used Minwax True Black stain and Varathane outdoor Spar Urethane.

Thanks for the advice guys, the black looks great!

IMG_0163.jpg
IMG_0139.JPG
IMG_0164.jpg

Top Bottom