Wires to factory E-Locker

robertoloco

1477237040003.jpg My wire broke going to my factory Rubicon E-Locker.I would like to solder it back but I need to remove it or rotate it down so I can see if it is possible to fix.Can I remove the two large bolts on the right that hold everything together and get the black box to rotate down,or do I need a shop to do this?

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

srbell0585

You don't need a shop. But you will need a torque wrench to tighten them. If you remove the hole locker keep the shims on each side in their original location.

Sent from my SM-N910T using WAYALIFE mobile app

robertoloco

So I can remove the 4 bolts that hold the gear in,remove the gear,do my repair on the wire and replace the gear(locker assembly)making sure I torque the bolts to spec.I won't mess up pre load or gear mesh or any of that important stuff.

robertoloco

So I can remove the 4 bolts that hold the gear in,remove the gear,do my repair on the wire and replace the gear(locker assembly)making sure I torque the bolts to spec.I won't mess up pre load or gear mesh or any of that important stuff.

so after some research it looks like I would need to remove axles to remove carrier,I think I should buy the magnet that has the broken wires($200) and have a shop fix it.

robertoloco

Lofty

If you pull the 4 cap bolts, and the anti-rotation bracket, the pull the carrier out about .25 inches you will then be able to rotate the magnet and should be able to repair the connection. If not pull the axle shafts ( 8 nuts total)then the differential case assembly out(4 cap bolts). Then the only thing holding the magnet on is the bearing(may need to replace the bearing). Keep the shims correct from side to side for reassembly. Bearing cap bolt torque is 95-122 Nm.

Sent from my KFDOWI using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom