Windshield Replacement Question

Why1504

Caught the Bug
On Wednesday we began our trip to CO. At about 250 miles we got a windshield crack. It continues to grow.it is now about 12 inches long and seems to be growing at about an inch every 3 hours. I will be in Colorado Springs next week. I have already contacted my insurance company. I have full coverage. Should I get this replaced before I head home (and risk having it break again on the road) or wait? with the crack do I have a safety issue?

WJCO

Meme King
On Wednesday we began our trip to CO. At about 250 miles we got a windshield crack. It continues to grow.it is now about 12 inches long and seems to be growing at about an inch every 3 hours. I will be in Colorado Springs next week. I have already contacted my insurance company. I have full coverage. Should I get this replaced before I head home (and risk having it break again on the road) or wait? with the crack do I have a safety issue?
I would wait. It's not a safety issue unless it's really blocking your view.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
1694184071705.gif

jeeeep

Hooked
Unless the crack is in your line of sight it shouldn't be an issue with getting pulled over.
I had one that ran full length along the bottom then split and did a diagonal to the top but never in my line of sight.
It went that way for about a year no issues.

Top Bottom