Windrock May 2021

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Memorial Day weekend is the only weekend I can’t go in May. Well unless something changes at work.

Sent from Lookout Mtn.

An earlier week in May would be better for me too, but I’d rather go with a group. Solo rides are nearly as fun.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jorgelrod

Hooked
This sounds lovely, but that last week of May is usually when I fly out to pickup my kid and with Covid I missed having him over this past summer. I will be looking at this thread but can't commit at this time.

bmkrinne

I would love to know more about this story... Are those u-bolts in the picture?

I’m on a Windrock Facebook group and this was posted Saturday. Female driver coming down some rock ledges and panicked, hit the gas and ended up down a hill and into some small trees. She’s ok but as of now I think the Jeep is still on the trail. The guys trying to get it off the trail said it broke at a cast piece and snapped the axle shaft in two. Whatever she hit, it did a number on the axle.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I’m on a Windrock Facebook group and this was posted Saturday. Female driver coming down some rock ledges and panicked, hit the gas and ended up down a hill and into some small trees. She’s ok but as of now I think the Jeep is still on the trail. The guys trying to get it off the trail said it broke at a cast piece and snapped the axle shaft in two. Whatever she hit, it did a number on the axle.

Gotcha. She definitely hit something hard! That panic will get ya everytime.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
That is crazy! She went down a ledge and that is the only damage...glad she and the rest of the JL at ok.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
That is crazy! She went down a ledge and that is the only damage...glad she and the rest of the JL at ok.

I’m trying to figure out what ledge it would be to cause panic . Unless they were running the trail backwards and coming down the hill climb that would normally be at end of trail.

Sent from Lookout Mtn.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’m trying to figure out what ledge it would be to cause panic . Unless they were running the trail backwards and coming down the hill climb that would normally be at end of trail.

Sent from Lookout Mtn.

That’s all I could figure

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

bouche03

I have a video of the crash but can’t figure out how to post it...total novice driver...should stick to the mall unfortunately

bmkrinne

Sent from Lookout Mtn.

I watched the video several times and can’t figure out exactly where she was, but does look like she was running the trail backwards and going down the hill climb areas.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Thanks for sharing the video. It didn’t look as bad as I expected it was for the damage. Makes sense why on the axle seems to be destroyed.

Top Bottom