WINDROCK End of Summer Pre-Run #3 - May 13-15

Hodsden

On the trail in 22 hours boys! I gotta bolt on shock relocation mounts, throw on the rear swaybar links, and take the hard top off and I'm ready to roll!

Just finished up checking the jeep over! I'll finish up pack after work tomorrow then I'll be headed that way around 1:15 tomorrow!

jkwebbie

It's all fun and games until you hear that loud "pop!".....I'm the same way sometimes especially being a stick and trying to not let it stall out when crawling on rocks

Tell me about it! With 3.21 gears and 37s, its a hand full trying to keep it going lol

Coop

Caught the Bug
The wire to pull it through to attach it to the drum broke so it's not fully attached and then I have to do the pretension
Winch! I thought you said you needed help with your wench!
What time will you be around tomorrow?

whytiptoe

I can meet you at the campground office or at the store. We need to lap the cable a couple of times on the drum. Then do your pretension. You got synthetic?

I do have synthetic. I still have to get the wedge into the line and drum as well.

WJCO

Meme King
Get some speaker wire or another piece of copper wire. Double it up if you have to. I assume you have a Zeon? It'll go eventually, just a pain in the ass.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Get some speaker wire or another piece of copper wire. Double it up if you have to. I assume you have a Zeon? It'll go eventually, just a pain in the ass.
Good suggestion. I have wire. We'll figure it out. Meet you at the campground office. Look for a Tank green JKU with Curmudgeon written on the hood.

whytiptoe

Yes it's a zeon, just felt like with the wire it came with I was going to damage the line.

WJCO

Meme King
Yes it's a zeon, just felt like with the wire it came with I was going to damage the line.

The wire is an upgrade. When they first came out, they came with zip ties. I used 4 zipties together and still broken them. I ultimately used a screwdriver and pryed on it carefully. The wire trick has worked for a couple people I know for sure. Good luck.

FYI, if you do damage the rope at that location, that's not where the force is held. The winching force is held with the first 5 wraps on the drum, so you'll be ok. I'm not telling you to be careless, but if you do knick the rope there, you won't be out of luck, it will still winch fine.

Top Bottom