Winch battery disconnect

jeeeep

Hooked
Wondering what others are using as a winch battery disconnect?
getting a Warn Zeon 10-s (thanks Disciple Off Road).
looking at the Flaming River FR1048 - Flaming River Big Switch Battery Disconnects since it's a 500 amp continuous and should cover the range of amp draw on the winch.

WJCO

Meme King
Wondering what others are using as a winch battery disconnect?
getting a Warn Zeon 10-s (thanks Disciple Off Road).
looking at the Flaming River FR1048 - Flaming River Big Switch Battery Disconnects since it's a 500 amp continuous and should cover the range of amp draw on the winch.
I've always just wired my winch directly to the battery. It's not drawing any power until the controller is used. I do have a 300 amp breaker running 4 gauge wire to the rear of the Jeep for an inverter and my fridge ties off of the inverter. I leave that breaker off which turns off the entire circuit when I'm not using it.

DSC05439.jpg

Spazbyt

Hooked
The marine industry uses a ton of water resistant battery discounts. West Marine stores have them in stock if you have one near you.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've always just wired my winch directly to the battery. It's not drawing any power until the controller is used. I do have a 300 amp breaker running 4 gauge wire to the rear of the Jeep for an inverter and my fridge ties off of the inverter. I leave that breaker off which turns off the entire circuit when I'm not using it.

View attachment 372964
I've run them direct to the battery on the JK but the JL seeming so damn sensitive, I'm thinking the switch being more of a precaution.
that or I may have a battery failing...damn stop/start

jeeeep

Hooked
Precaution for fire or battery drain?
battery drain. I know the winch shouldn't cause any but when it's not being used (which is most of the time) I'd rather disconnect it without removing it f completely from the battery

Last edited:

4PLAY

I wired my Zeon 10S to a Warn solenoid which I trigger through one of my AUX switches. This eliminates the chance of 'unauthorized' use of the winch and also any 'accidental' engagement. Fabricated a mounting bracket from heavy sheet aluminum, painted black and mounted to right fender near battery. Sorry, must be having server issues as pictures not loading this morning.

jeeeep

Hooked
I wired my Zeon 10S to a Warn solenoid which I trigger through one of my AUX switches. This eliminates the chance of 'unauthorized' use of the winch and also any 'accidental' engagement. Fabricated a mounting bracket from heavy sheet aluminum, painted black and mounted to right fender near battery. Sorry, must be having server issues as pictures not loading this morning.
not a bad idea

Top Bottom