Willys-Overland JT Build

WJCO

Meme King
Finished the AEV 2” spacer lift install yesterday. Oddly, the front springs seemed to go back in easier than the rears. I feel like it was the opposite on all my JKs. It is a pain in the D to mount the front passenger side bumpstop on these things. Made me long for the days of drilling and tapping the perch.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks good. Too late now, but did you remove that little bracket on the rear of the RF coil perch? It does help to install the bump stop bolt. It's a little silver brake line bracket.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Looks good. Too late now, but did you remove that little bracket on the rear of the RF coil perch? It does help to install the bump stop bolt. It's a little silver brake line bracket.

Damn it, no. I had the nut in a socket, connected to a universal, connected to an extension and fished that sob in from the front while peaking between the control arm and shock mount on the rear of the axle.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Put my other wheels and tires on today. They stick out quite a bit more than I was anticipating since they weren’t that far out on my jk. They’re only 4.75 BS on a 9” wide wheel. I’ll definitely be switching my stockers on for the first in-state inspection.

IMG_3447.JPG
IMG_3448.JPG
IMG_3446.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Damn it, no. I had the nut in a socket, connected to a universal, connected to an extension and fished that sob in from the front while peaking between the control arm and shock mount on the rear of the axle.

I would have never thought of it, but Eddie mentioned it in a Rancho install video. Makes it easier to fit a wrench in.

Put my other wheels and tires on today. They stick out quite a bit more than I was anticipating since they weren’t that far out on my jk. They’re only 4.75 BS on a 9” wide wheel. I’ll definitely be switching my stockers on for the first in-state inspection.

That looks good, IMO.35s ?

Ddays

Hooked

Looks perfect! I was trying to figure out why you had the temp tag on the front - I forgot you bought out of state.

jdofmemi

kevman65

Hooked
Nice looking rig, I looked at black but after my last ride I was tired of trying to keep it clean.

If the rails you had were like on the Rubicon, good call on replacing. Just don't see how being bolted only to pinch seam can be structurally sound.
I replaced mine as quick as possible last year.

Good luck on trying to keep it inexpensive, :cheesy: I lost at that and fast.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Nice looking rig, I looked at black but after my last ride I was tired of trying to keep it clean.

If the rails you had were like on the Rubicon, good call on replacing. Just don't see how being bolted only to pinch seam can be structurally sound.
I replaced mine as quick as possible last year.

Good luck on trying to keep it inexpensive, :cheesy: I lost at that and fast.

Yeah, they were the rubicon rock rails. I yanked them and ordered Rockhard 4x4 Patriot Rockers. Unfortunately, they were 3-4 weeks out when I ordered them and I think Wednesday was 3 weeks so....

kevman65

Hooked
Yeah, they were the rubicon rock rails. I yanked them and ordered Rockhard 4x4 Patriot Rockers. Unfortunately, they were 3-4 weeks out when I ordered them and I think Wednesday was 3 weeks so....

Took them about 8 weeks a year ago to get me mine.

Got their front full width bumper this year, told me 6 weeks, got it in 3 1/2.

Top Bottom