Which seal???

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Changing front axle seal in 07 rubi. Dealer gives me two options. The supposed original Seal part number ending in AB. And then the supposed superseded seal parent number ending in AC (two piece which I pulled apart a bit in the picture to show how it comes apart). Which one is best??

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457184127.654706.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The AC is the newer of the two. I don't think one is necessary better than the other but if they were I would assume the AC would be better.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
The AC is the newer of the two. I don't think one is necessary better than the other but if they were I would assume the AC would be better.

Awesome. That's what I was thinking but they couldn't give me any honest advise on why they changed the PN and mentioned the AC was possibly for newer jeeps.

AC1977

I just replaced these seals in my 07 Rubi. I used the one pictured to the left, AB. It worked with no issues, have no idea what the second seal is for or how it works. Mine has given me no issues so far.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
I just replaced these seals in my 07 Rubi. I used the one pictured to the left, AB. It worked with no issues, have no idea what the second seal is for or how it works. Mine has given me no issues so far.

Alrighty. I almost went with those but going to try the AC's. Thanks!

Top Bottom