Where, oh where is this oil coming from?

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Ok, so I am finishing up some post wheeling repairs from Windrock and Barnwell, which was smokin awesome, btw, and I found some engine oil leaking from behind the oil filter, while running. Does anyone know where this is, most likely, coming from? Please advise.
Thank you

Attachments

• 1464629116869.jpg
    1464629116869.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 223
  • 1464629126345.jpg
    1464629126345.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 223

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
It's definitely coming from above the engine mount. Just follow the trail up the block to the highest point you can see oil

Ausjeep113

Just looking at that I'd have to guess the oil filter, just wipe it off and give it a quarter of a turn. Should sort it right out.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
The oil is coming from this sensor? ? Is that what this is?

Attachments

• 1464649080492.jpg
    1464649080492.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 167
  • 1464649089501.jpg
    1464649089501.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 161

WJCO

Meme King
If it is really hard to determine the source, bye a dye kit with light and glasses from the parts store. Great tool to have.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Rockon, thanks WJCO, I may have to check into that. The oil was dripping from the tin, aluminum looking thing from the right, while the engine was running. I had to turn the engine off to take the pics.

Sullivan

You need to clean it off. Spray some brake cleaner and get a rag and wipe it away. Then check. The wind can throw oil anywhere so don't assume it's from that spot unless you clean it and see it leaking

Drdiesel1

Oil pressure sending unit is leaking oil from the inside and pushing it out through the connector plug. Very common leak :thumb:

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
What he said^^^! I hate chasing oil leaks. Hope you get it sorted out soon man.

Agreed, the initial chase was baffling and the subsequent conclusion provided by Drdiesel helped in making sense of it all, which included on dash signals. It should be right as rain, just as soon as the rain stops :)

thardy

Banned
Agreed, the initial chase was baffling and the subsequent conclusion provided by Drdiesel helped in making sense of it all, which included on dash signals. It should be right as rain, just as soon as the rain stops :)

Man I wish we would get some rain. We hit 93 yesterday.

Top Bottom