Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Last Saturday (3 days ago), I did a trip to the Rubicon with 12 other Jeeps. We did a portion of the trail-Loon Lake to Wentworth Springs. First time in my JKU, first time running the Rubicon weighing under 300lbs. I am still not at my goal weight but I felt really good driving the Jeep for the first time in a long time. NO more thoughts of selling the Jeep because it was hard to get in and out of her.

Attachments

• IMG_20230819_121011308.jpg
    IMG_20230819_121011308.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 369180543_695315132640462_4005946094117637775_n.jpg
    369180543_695315132640462_4005946094117637775_n.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 32
Last Saturday (3 days ago), I did a trip to the Rubicon with 12 other Jeeps. We did a portion of the trail-Loon Lake to Wentworth Springs. First time in my JKU, first time running the Rubicon weighing under 300lbs. I am still not at my goal weight but I felt really good driving the Jeep for the first time in a long time. NO more thoughts of selling the Jeep because it was hard to get in and out of her.
That’s awesome, congrats!

WJCO

Meme King
Congrats 👍

Kenney

Great to see you guys made safe and sound, we went last month hope to go again. Happy trails great post :)

jeeeep

Hooked
congrats!

GP NOIR

Hooked
Up on Poison Spider Trail,
IMG_6967.jpeg IMG_6976.jpeg
IMG_7008.jpeg IMG_7011.jpeg
scrubbing the new off the fresh set of tires, installed just yesterday.

They’ve got most of the uranium tailings cleared out. They were dumped across the river near the north end of Moab when the uranium mines were going full blast.
IMG_6945.jpeg

My son, overlooking the Colorado River
IMG_6955.jpeg

Last edited:
They’ve got most of the uranium tailings cleared out. They were dumped across the river near the north end of Moab when the uranium mines were going full blast.
IMG_6945.jpeg

I always wondered what they were doing down there…long term look-ahead: more Maverick’s? decent restaurants?

GP NOIR

Hooked
I always wondered what they were doing down there…long term look-ahead: more Maverick’s? decent restaurants?
Getting rid of the 16 million tons of radioactive toxic waste left from uranium milling. The pile is suspected of leaching contaminants into the Colorado River. The tailings are being moved to a disposal cell near Crescent Junction, Utah.

Getting rid of the 16 million tons of radioactive toxic waste left from uranium milling. The pile is suspected of leaching contaminants into the Colorado River. The tailings are being moved to a disposal cell near Crescent Junction, Utah.

Nice. Yea I’m curious about what will happen with that bit of land there. Hopefully just stays undeveloped. Probably have to air out for a couple years! Shake off that 92U…

B Nelson

We took Bunny and Thumper took Meramec State Park, located in Sullivan, Missouri. It was about a one hundred mile trip and the temp was 101. We drove about 60-65 mph, in hopes to not have any tire problems on Thumper, which we didn't. That particular stretch of I-44 isn't the flattest and Bunnie's fuel mileage wasn't the best, however she did great otherwise.

Attachments

• Meramec 1.jpg
    Meramec 1.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Meramec.jpg
    Meramec.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom