Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
My Wife and I just finished the Jeepers Jamboree on the Rubicon. Great trail

That looks like a great time. I've never been, but my daughter and I are hoping to go next year. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if any WOL members are planning any runs. I'd sure like to tagalong.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
it's been years since I've been to the Redwoods, somewhere there's a pic of me and my 1st CJ7 driving thru the tree, pic is probably yellowed and stuck to the photo album lol

Looks like you had a great time 👍
That’s awesome! Would be a cool picture to see. It definitely adds to the experience being able to drive through the trees. 😎
Oh yea it was a great time for sure! Perfect weather too. I used to live up in that area so it makes it nice to get back up there.

Aceisback

Hooked
Went to take some children out to explore the Dry Creek Preserve only to find the road closed that leads there. Forest fire, so we picked another road that I had heard of but never been on. Found this 100 year old bridge. Pretty cool structure and lots of cliffs and canyons before and after. IMG_1259.jpeg IMG_1273.jpeg IMG_1269.jpeg IMG_1274.jpeg IMG_1265.jpeg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Went to Monanche for the Meteor shower and get away for a couple days. This place has gotten way too popular with the “overlanders” people everywhere sadly. 😕 Still a nice weekend though.
You can thank all the social media whores. Before them, the only people who knew about the place were those who took time to READ books and paper maps. It was an amazing place to be back then.

Last edited:
You can thank all the social media whores. Before them, the only people who knew about the place were those who took time to READ books and paper maps. It was an amazing place to be back then.
What is needed are diversionary tactics. Social media postings which direct the herd to go to places we don't want to be.

I read this morning about a kid who fell 100 feet off the side of the Grand Canyon while trying to move out of the way so that others could take a "photo". Probably their photo would be more special than the millions of similar photos that others previously took m

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What is needed are diversionary tactics. Social media postings which direct the herd to go to places we don't want to be.

I read this morning about a kid who fell 100 feet off the side of the Grand Canyon while trying to move out of the way so that others could take a "photo". Probably their photo would be more special than the millions of similar photos that others previously took m
Sadly, I think it's too late for that. If anything, places like Monache Meadows is the diversionary tactic now. Let the herds all go there. My only hope is that they'll be content with them and never feel a need to find the few places that are still unspoiled and that I still like to go to.

WJCO

Meme King
Sadly, I think it's too late for that. If anything, places like Monache Meadows is the diversionary tactic now. Let the herds all go there. My only hope is that they'll be content with them and never feel a need to find the few places that are still unspoiled and that I still like to go to.
All the really scenic spots for jeeping are in San Francisco, Portland, Chicago, and Seattle. That's where all the cool influencers are taking the best shots.

Top Bottom