When installing Ball Joints, apply anti-seize to BJ or going in Dry?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I did the repairs from my UJoint Explosion / Axle Shaft break / Knuckle Break event. Trying to get my rig back to 100%. Lots of codes triggered when all that stuff broke including Traction Control light, ABS light, Serv 4wd light. As a result, none of those systems are currently working and even cruise control is refusing to work. Can I assume that now that I've fixed everything I can wipe these codes? This will be the first time I've wiped codes on a newer Jeep. Is it still possible to wipe the codes by removing contacts from the battery for period of time to effectively reset the ECM?
Yes disconnect both pos and neg and let the cables touch overnight. This will discharge all capacitors and essentially clear the codes. Or if you have a tazer or another programmer you can clear the codes.

WJCO

Meme King
I did the repairs from my UJoint Explosion / Axle Shaft break / Knuckle Break event. Trying to get my rig back to 100%. Lots of codes triggered when all that stuff broke including Traction Control light, ABS light, Serv 4wd light. As a result, none of those systems are currently working and even cruise control is refusing to work. Can I assume that now that I've fixed everything I can wipe these codes? This will be the first time I've wiped codes on a newer Jeep. Is it still possible to wipe the codes by removing contacts from the battery for period of time to effectively reset the ECM?
New speed sensor too?

1RNGR

Caught the Bug
I ended up "borrowing" my son's ABS Wheel Speed Sensor off his JT Sport. When the new part arrives, I'll put it in his Jeep. The swap over worked fine, cleared all codes and I had an epic Memorial Day Weekend with friends. 1685484736787.png

Top Bottom