Wheel Orange County in Memorial Day Anyone???

Jabester

Ok. I saw pictures once of Jeeps on trails in Laguna Canyon, CA. Are there trails to wheel there. I am going to be in SoCal on Memorial Day Weekend and would love to go wheeling!!!!!

Is anyone going???? I want to wheel Cali!!!

I have a well built 2013 Rubi JK... Still need a few more mods.... From Tucson, AZ and I wanna wheel Cali!! See some sick sights overlooking the Ocean Maybe...

Hook a fellow Jeeper up Please!!!!! :yup::yup::yup:

I am ready to go wheelin anywhere in Orange County as well.... I just thought maybe some of you folks know about Wheeling in Laguna Canyon....

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER
Ok. I saw pictures once of Jeeps on trails in Laguna Canyon, CA. Are there trails to wheel there. I am going to be in SoCal on Memorial Day Weekend and would love to go wheeling!!!!!

Is anyone going???? I want to wheel Cali!!!

I have a well built 2013 Rubi JK... Still need a few more mods.... From Tucson, AZ and I wanna wheel Cali!! See some sick sights overlooking the Ocean Maybe...

Hook a fellow Jeeper up Please!!!!! :yup::yup::yup:

I am ready to go wheelin anywhere in Orange County as well.... I just thought maybe some of you folks know about Wheeling in Laguna Canyon....

Move this to upcoming trips all of us socal people will see it more :) I'll be living in San Diego by then so if you wanna wheel around there at all let me no :)

2013 jkr

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
There is no wheeling in Laguna Canyon, and only a couple of fire road type trails in Orange County. I would go with you, but that is like 5 days before we leave on the California or Bust WAYALIFE Adventure. We never go out before a big trip. Cannot risk getting damage that we would’t have time to fix! ;)

groovebus

There is a few trails up in the Santa Ana Mountains but nothing really technical; great views though. The main divide road starts at ortega hwy and ends at mountain springs road in Silverado Canyon. Here is a link to dirtopia.com that has details. It's about 25 miles and takes around 3 hours. If you are interested the north end of the mountains has gates at the Main divide road not allowing you to get down, but people rarely venture up that way, so it's fairly unused; lots of antenna towers. I did it once and it was a lot of fun. Downside is you have to backtrack to maple springs to get down the mountain. But there are some cool meadows and pine groves.

I attached a few pics of the trail. It's basically a maintenance road.

http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Main_Divide_Road

Attachments

• 91-71InterchangeSierraPeak.jpg
    91-71InterchangeSierraPeak.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Apr2013Saddleback.jpg
    Apr2013Saddleback.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 29
  • EugeneBeeksPlace.jpg
    EugeneBeeksPlace.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 28
  • MainDivideRoad.jpg