Wheel Hub Bearing?

Hey guys, I am a little stumped here. I am doing maintenance on the JK before I trip I have planned next week. When I got around to the front passenger side to check the ball joints and wheel hub bearing, the bjs looked good, no movement. However when I check for movement on the wheel hub bearing I am getting some back and forth movement at the top of the wheel. No other issues like grinding or noises. The thing is I just replaced this hub assembly 6,500 miles ago with a new Timken assembly. Could it have failed that quickly? Is there something else I should be looking at?

WJCO

Meme King
Hey guys, I am a little stumped here. I am doing maintenance on the JK before I trip I have planned next week. When I got around to the front passenger side to check the ball joints and wheel hub bearing, the bjs looked good, no movement. However when I check for movement on the wheel hub bearing I am getting some back and forth movement at the top of the wheel. No other issues like grinding or noises. The thing is I just replaced this hub assembly 6,500 miles ago with a new Timken assembly. Could it have failed that quickly? Is there something else I should be looking at?
Make sure knuckle bolts, axle nut, and lug nuts are tight. But otherwise, sounds like it's a bad bearing.

jeeeep

Hooked
Checked the lug nuts. Good idea on the others. Anyone ever seen one wear out that soon?
My JKU tends to eat up hubs with the wheel/tire combo I have. I've tried Timkin in the past and they did not last the year, they are not what they use to be and because I ordered online getting the warranty honored was a waste of time. There are also 2 part numbers, supposedly a light duty and heavy duty but I think it's just some cross over from Jeep axle types.

I'm now using Spicer (summit has the best price), they also have a 48" ABS cable which provides plenty of slack.

My JKU tends to eat up hubs with the wheel/tire combo I have. I've tried Timkin in the past and they did not last the year, they are not what they use to be and because I ordered online getting the warranty honored was a waste of time. There are also 2 part numbers, supposedly a light duty and heavy duty but I think it's just some cross over from Jeep axle types.

I'm now using Spicer (summit has the best price), they also have a 48" ABS cable which provides plenty of slack.
Cool. I'll look into the Spicer hub once I rule out any loose bolts. Thanks for the heads up!

Ddays

Hooked

TrailHunter

Hooked
Top Bottom