What's your view like at work?

jdofmemi

Thank you, yes you can see the carriage house behind and too the left of the Palm house.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I thought that was it when I zoomed in.

Outstanding work👍

Here’s a few night shots.

View attachment 353591

View attachment 353592

View attachment 353593

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That's beautiful 👍👍👍

Saw this at a customers home yesterday
View attachment 353594
View attachment 353595

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice👍

I wonder if the Pontiac version of that 455 has the same oiling problems as the Olds version.

I had a 455 Oldsmobile in a boat once.

When I got it, it ran like crap. After a good tune up, got it so it would pull a little past 4500 rpm, but after about 20 to 30 seconds at speed, it would loose oil pressure 😱
Once dropped to idle, pressure would come back up, and you could run again, for a few more seconds.
That was running 10W-40 conventional oil.
No one I knew could figure out the problem, they all just said " All of those engines fo that".

I didn't like that answer, and decided to try a different oil. I got some 5W-50 synthetic and tried it again. Doing nothing but changing the oil, it would pull 5,000 rpm, and I could hold it there until I had some other reason to slow down.

Figured out the cinventional oil would not drain back to the pan fast enough, and the hi volume oil pump would drain the pan in that 20 seconds or so, then when you went to idle, the oil would catch back up. Something about the drain ports in the upper galley being too small.

Sorry for the thread derail.

JKbrick

I thought that was it when I zoomed in.

Outstanding work[emoji106]

That's beautiful [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Nice[emoji106]

I wonder if the Pontiac version of that 455 has the same oiling problems as the Olds version.

I had a 455 Oldsmobile in a boat once.

When I got it, it ran like crap. After a good tune up, got it so it would pull a little past 4500 rpm, but after about 20 to 30 seconds at speed, it would loose oil pressure [emoji33]
Once dropped to idle, pressure would come back up, and you could run again, for a few more seconds.
That was running 10W-40 conventional oil.
No one I knew could figure out the problem, they all just said " All of those engines fo that".

I didn't like that answer, and decided to try a different oil. I got some 5W-50 synthetic and tried it again. Doing nothing but changing the oil, it would pull 5,000 rpm, and I could hold it there until I had some other reason to slow down.

Figured out the cinventional oil would not drain back to the pan fast enough, and the hi volume oil pump would drain the pan in that 20 seconds or so, then when you went to idle, the oil would catch back up. Something about the drain ports in the upper galley being too small.

Sorry for the thread derail.

I will have to tell the owner about your engine experience

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom