What's more cost effective?

I apologize in advance if this has been largely discussed already lol, but quick question.

What would be more cost effective? C-Gussets, regear, maybe a truss, and chromoly axle shafts on a Dana 30 for 37s? Or biting the bullet and getting something like a Dana UD44 that'll be regeared from the factory?

Trying to see where I wanna take my JK next since I've decided I definitely want to keep it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, save your money and do things right the first time and get yourself a UD44. All the other crap that you could throw on a factory axle is just that, crap and a big waste of money especially on a D30. No matter what you do to the housing, the D30 will still have a smaller ring and pinion and smaller shafts/u-joints and THAT is where you WILL see your breaks and leave you high and dry.

Honestly, save your money and do things right the first time and get yourself a UD44. All the other crap that you could throw on a factory axle is just that, crap and a big waste of money especially on a D30. No matter what you do to the housing, the D30 will still have a smaller ring and pinion and smaller shafts/u-joints and THAT is where you WILL see your breaks and leave you high and dry.
After putting together a list of parts, it turns out building a Dana 30 comes near to the price of a UD44 anyhow. Buy once cry once.

Top Bottom