What's Happening In South African National Parks (not for sensitive viewers)

This is what's happening in South Africa on a daily basis. With hundreds of rhinos getting killed by poachers every year, the species is facing certain extinction. Just thought I'd share with you what's happening in our national parks. Awareness can never hurt.
Below is a statement from South African National Parks board regarding a rather upsetting incident this week..

South African National Parks (SANParks) would like to confirm an incident of a rhino with its horn hacked off in the Kruger National Park (KNP).

According to SANParks Acting Head of Communications, Reynold Thakhuli, the rhino was spotted on Friday 28 February 2014, near Phabeni Gate in the KNP by visitors who managed to alert the authorities.

Thakhuli said a helicopter and Rangers were dispatched on the ground to locate the animal and by late Saturday it had still not been found due to the dense bush as a result of the recent rains in the Lowveld.

He said investigations are continuing and more information will follow as soon as the animal is located.

1911801_10153861387485635_1908366801_n.jpg

.. that's absolutely horrible. I don't believe there is an easy answer to that situation but i hope they find the bastards.

People who do this deserve to be tortured then killed. Humanity as a whole is simply a plague on the earth.

Indeed, all for aphrodisiacs in Asia that have been proven to be nothing more than placebo. For those of you that don't know, that is the reason why rhino horns are poached. They grind the horn into powder form and is sold as an aphrodisiac in Asian countries.
That handsome fella in the picture was lucky to survive, but will probably be put down when they find it.
Most don't survive the attacks by poachers.

That is so f-ing awful...people really are f-ing disgusting sometimes!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just watched Machine Gun Preacher, which kind of reminds me of this. The things going on in the vast open spaces in that continent are horrible. Hopefully the sick people who commit to this brutality are caught and dealt with in an equally brutal way.

Top Bottom