What was done to your rig this week?

I haven't done anything to my jeeps in a while. I got a bad itch to do something!!! so i put in some Warn wireless fog lights :cheesy:ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365126270.438017.jpg

TexasDave that looks awesome, I'm guessing you used some Rustoleum High Heat rattle can? How much of a pita was it to shoot as far as taping everything off, etc...?

Semper Fi!

TexasDave that looks awesome, I'm guessing you used some Rustoleum High Heat rattle can? How much of a pita was it to shoot as far as taping everything off, etc...?

Semper Fi!

Thanks! Yeah just some High temp VHT Header Paint. I didn't tape anything off. I just laid down and sprayed it!!:nuts:

Looks awesome and gives me an idea of what to do if the wind backs off here. Rear Diff needs some flat black as well.

Semper Fi!

Agreed!! It does look awesome!! :thumb: What did you use and how did you do it w/out making a mess?

EDIT: Haha! I was posting as you replied! Thanks for the info!

Agreed!! It does look awesome!! :thumb: What did you use and how did you do it w/out making a mess?

I did my whole undercarriage and exhaust with Rustoleum High Temp Flat Black Spray Paint. You can get it at any hardware store very cheap. Very little prep work required, just a quick wash and then spray. The results are amazing, everything from my differentials to my front suspension components look brand new. I'd argue it's one of the best, cheapest, and easiest mod you can do.

I did my whole undercarriage and exhaust with Rustoleum High Temp Flat Black Spray Paint. You can get it at any hardware store very cheap. Very little prep work required, just a quick wash and then spray. The results are amazing, everything from my differentials to my front suspension components look brand new. I'd argue it's one of the best, cheapest, and easiest mod you can do.

Awesome!! Thanks for the info! Will be doing this soon! :yup:

Took the stock tire carrier and stock license plate holder off, plugged the hole, and just waiting for my new license plate holder.

Awesome!! Thanks for the info! Will be doing this soon! :yup:

Here are a couple shots I took mid way through spraying. FYI, everything you see in black had a bunch of surface rust. Just can't help getting rusty when you live in New England.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365194664.152529.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365194679.193268.jpg

I wanted the chrome ones for a different project, so I bought the black ones off eBay.

However, it would be easy to remove, sand, clean, paint, and re-apply. You would just need to find some good 3m adhesive strips or something similar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom