What was done to your rig this week?

NY1982JK

Finally got my Spidertrax Spacers on and swapped out my Hard top for the soft top!!

On that note. I'm not sure if it's because this was the first time I installed this top or if it's because its the new "PREMIUM" soft top, BUT DAMN!!! I about blew a blood vessel trying to get the header latches to catch after connecting the sail panels... Everything including the windows was EXTREMELY TIGHT! Hoping a few days with it on will stretch it out a bit. Anyone else have this problem with a first time install of a soft top???

kaptkrappy

Finally got my Spidertrax Spacers on and swapped out my Hard top for the soft top!!

On that note. I'm not sure if it's because this was the first time I installed this top or if it's because its the new "PREMIUM" soft top, BUT DAMN!!! I about blew a blood vessel trying to get the header latches to catch after connecting the sail panels... Everything including the windows was EXTREMELY TIGHT! Hoping a few days with it on will stretch it out a bit. Anyone else have this problem with a first time install of a soft top???

Reverse that order. Header latches first, then the sail panels.

Firespyer

Interested in how you like the spacers, I was looking at some PSC
are you still stock suspension & wheels?

NY1982JK

Reverse that order. Header latches first, then the sail panels.

Thats how I eventually got it to hook. Still took two people to get enough stretch in the top to get the sails to hook. And yes I did just have the header latch connected and not fully secured. Wasn't 100% on the order though, so thanks for heads up :thumb:

NY1982JK

Interested in how you like the spacers, I was looking at some PSC
are you still stock suspension & wheels?

I love 'em!!! I was originally considering the PSC spacers too becuase they are like 20 bucks cheaper a SET! But After reading a few reviews about them being made with "Weaker" metal, i figured an extra 20 bucks was worth the peace of mind. Not sure how true this is, but I figured better safe than sorry.

Yes I am still on stock wheels and suspension. I bought them because I know I want to run 35's on stock wheels and will need the extra backspacing. 2.5BB coming soon hopefully!!

Holeshot

Banned
Thats how I eventually got it to hook. Still took two people to get enough stretch in the top to get the sails to hook. And yes I did just have the header latch connected and not fully secured. Wasn't 100% on the order though, so thanks for heads up :thumb:

The best way I found is to latch the front latches first, then the clips over the doors, and then the sail in the back. To do it all by yourself, the best way is to hang yourself with one hand on the top arch, drop lot of weight on it to stretch the top, and clip the bottom of the sail with the other hand. :thumb:

NY1982JK

The best way I found is to latch the front latches first, then the clips over the doors, and then the sail in the back. To do it all by yourself, the best way is to hang yourself with one hand on the top arch, drop lot of weight on it to stretch the top, and clip the bottom of the sail with the other hand. :thumb:

Thanks :thumb: Gonna try that this weekend after I give it a day or two to stretch out. Hopefully it will be a little easier this time around :D

Firespyer

I love 'em!!! I was originally considering the PSC spacers too becuase they are like 20 bucks cheaper a SET! But After reading a few reviews about them being made with "Weaker" metal, i figured an extra 20 bucks was worth the peace of mind. Not sure how true this is, but I figured better safe than sorry.

Yes I am still on stock wheels and suspension. I bought them because I know I want to run 35's on stock wheels and will need the extra backspacing. 2.5BB coming soon hopefully!!

Thanks for pointing that out,
In the same boat, wanting 35's and a 2.5 lift

JeepWrangled

I added the Daystar pillar pod with switches. I only have lights run to the top one for now. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363832220.324540.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363832233.967709.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom