What was done to your rig this week?

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Added third seat belt

I can now squeeze and extra kid in for the trail rides!
belt2.jpg
Cut slots in the floor for the belts...
beltandjack.jpg
then bolted to the body in the under floor storage.
blet.jpg
Legality would depend on the state laws, but in Missouri I'm fine. On the trails it won't matter anyway; it will just keep them in the seat.

WJCO

Meme King
I can now squeeze and extra kid in for the trail rides!
View attachment 194595
Cut slots in the floor for the belts...
View attachment 194596
then bolted to the body in the under floor storage.
View attachment 194597
Legality would depend on the state laws, but in Missouri I'm fine. On the trails it won't matter anyway; it will just keep them in the seat.

That's a damn good idea. My wife and I were wondering about that if we were to buy a 2 door. Let us know how it works, we want the kids to be comfortable too. I'm guessing no 3rd car seat though for younger kids? Not enough room? Did you just use a nut on the other side or were the holes already there?

FLKEYSJK

That's a damn good idea. My wife and I were wondering about that if we were to buy a 2 door. Let us know how it works, we want the kids to be comfortable too. I'm guessing no 3rd car seat though for younger kids? Not enough room? Did you just use a nut on the other side or were the holes already there?

That'd be cool if you got a 2 door, I just looked and there aren't any pre drilled holes in mine.

Stotch

Caught the Bug

Probably not room for a car seat with three kids back there, but maybe if it was just one rear facing car seat in the middle.

I had to drill the holes. I used 1/2" bolts and lock washers. Positioned where I put them the bolts come out of the bottom of the body between the muffler and the frame cross bar. Really easy job and cost me about $25 including the belt. It's pretty comfortable, but you do have to sit in front of the other two buckles. Not sure how good it would be for a long road trip.

WJCO

Meme King
Probably not room for a car seat with three kids back there, but maybe if it was just one rear facing car seat in the middle.

I had to drill the holes. I used 1/2" bolts and lock washers. Positioned where I put them the bolts come out of the bottom of the body between the muffler and the frame cross bar. Really easy job and cost me about $25 including the belt. It's pretty comfortable, but you do have to sit in front of the other two buckles. Not sure how good it would be for a long road trip.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

ty Mitchell

I finally put the tires on my wj as well as the bushwhacker flares (almost done). More lift and armor coming soon

Attachments

• 1458962161484.jpg
    1458962161484.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 261
Top Bottom