What was done to your rig this week?

GP NOIR

Hooked
Will be ordering a Jasper reman 3.6 very soon. With the leaky exhaust valves and high mileage on the current engine, I'm gonna swap it rather than take a chance with just replacing the heads. Ordered a new Centerforce clutch pack and hydraulic throwout bearing to go in during the engine swap. Going with a reman 3.6 because I cannot afford a V8 swap.

Will be ordering a Jasper reman 3.6 very soon. With the leaky exhaust valves and high mileage on the current engine, I'm gonna swap it rather than take a chance with just replacing the heads. Ordered a new Centerforce clutch pack and hydraulic throwout bearing to go in during the engine swap. Going with a reman 3.6 because I cannot afford a V8 swap.
Are you going to do the work yourself, or have a shop do it?

GP NOIR

Hooked
Are you going to do the work yourself, or have a shop do it?
I know a guy who'll do it for less than $2k labor. He does work for the dealership on the side. He has a good work space and all the tools including a scanner with relearn capability. I'd do the work myself, but I don't have a good work space, a cherry picker, engine stand or tranny jack.

Replaced all the tie rod ends on my Synergy drag link and tie rod today. The ones on the drag link were pretty bad, especially at the pitman arm. The ones on the tie rod weren’t quite as bad and probably didn’t need to be replaced just yet but it’s nice having all new ones again.

IMG_5681.jpeg

dchew

Caught the Bug
Flex Era 4's installed and some Lux lights. Thanks @wayoflife for the writeups. Valuable and time-saving as ususal. Gotta fix my burned out parking light!

Dave

lights.jpg

GP NOIR

Hooked
That looks really nice. I drove a diesel Gladiator the other week. You're not helping the debate I've been having between, "I don't need it" and "its a good deal."

Or, maybe you are helping. :rolleyes:

Dave
This is America. The question isn’t “Do I need It?” The question is “Do I want It?”

Top Bottom