What was done to your rig this week?

IMG_5092.jpg
The YJ buggy got new floorpans roughly installed IMG_5094.jpgIMG_5093.jpg and got the seat bars welded in and then got the new MasterCrafts mounted IMG_5090.jpg we also mounted the new PS hood-vent and hood-pins. Overall a very productive day!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Picked up a take-off rubicon bar. I thought at first I could just wire it up to a switch and be all set, but after a little research I found out it’s not that simple. So I’ll eventually pick up the EVO air actuated setup.

That’s going to be a huge improvement. Congrats

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Tomorrow all the new Poison Spyder stuff is going on the Jeep. So today I spent some time prepping. Started by ripping the stock trimmed flairs and the rear bumper off.
IMG_20200307_110045.jpg

Then gave it a quick wash to get the grime off from where the flairs were.
IMG_20200307_132639.jpg

Then I removed the spare tire so I could raise the Evo carrier to its highest position. I had been running one spot down from the top all this time. I think I was trying to preserve some visibility when I originally installed it, but with the new bumper going on which doesnt have a cutout for the tire to occupy, I need to make sure the spare is up and out of the way.
IMG_20200307_140738.jpg

Now the spare is well above the frame rails so the bumper should have no problems with fitment.
IMG_20200307_142515.jpg

And finally, because I couldnt wait, I loosely mocked up one of the flairs.
IMG_20200307_142923.jpg

Tomorrow I'll go invade House Slimebones since he has every tool under the sun. We'll install the PS Crusher flairs and a BFH rear bumper.

Tomorrow all the new Poison Spyder stuff is going on the Jeep. So today I spent some time prepping. Started by ripping the stock trimmed flairs and the rear bumper off.
View attachment 342671

Then gave it a quick wash to get the grime off from where the flairs were.
View attachment 342672

Then I removed the spare tire so I could raise the Evo carrier to its highest position. I had been running one spot down from the top all this time. I think I was trying to preserve some visibility when I originally installed it, but with the new bumper going on which doesnt have a cutout for the tire to occupy, I need to make sure the spare is up and out of the way.
View attachment 342673

Now the spare is well above the frame rails so the bumper should have no problems with fitment.
View attachment 342674

And finally, because I couldnt wait, I loosely mocked up one of the flairs.
View attachment 342675

Tomorrow I'll go invade House Slimebones since he has every tool under the sun. We'll install the PS Crusher flairs and a BFH rear bumper.

Looks good. Why did you decide on the PS rear with the evo front?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Looks good. Why did you decide on the PS rear with the evo front?

Because it is somewhat slim and minimalist. I considered the Evo high and tight but I didnt like how the frame rails poke out under it. I thought about the simple evo fascia but the only place my stock bumper took damage was in the corners so I figured some coverage there was important. It was basically the no frills option.

Because it is somewhat slim and minimalist. I considered the Evo high and tight but I didnt like how the frame rails poke out under it. I thought about the simple evo fascia but the only place my stock bumper took damage was in the corners so I figured some coverage there was important. It was basically the no frills option.

Gotcha. Yeah my corners have taken a few hits on the two door and are not straight. I should have had tubes welded onto them to prevent it. The four door has them and protects it better.

Gotcha. Yeah my corners have taken a few hits on the two door and are not straight. I should have had tubes welded onto them to prevent it. The four door has them and protects it better.

Looking forward to your stretch project. Lord knows I've considered it a few times.

Where do you weld in tubes in the corners?

Well the plan was to install the evo no limits on demand to my used rubicon sway bar and while that went smooth I realized I was missing a fitting to complete but figured I would check the rear locker.

Well the compressor keeps running so now I guess I need to find a leak somewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the plan was to install the evo no limits on demand to my used rubicon sway bar and while that went smooth I realized I was missing a fitting to complete but figured I would check the rear locker.

Well the compressor keeps running so now I guess I need to find a leak somewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s always something! Even when you think you get everything else wrapped up perfect something else always comes along 🤪

Top Bottom