What was done to your rig this week?

Bear_JT

Hooked
Either way be really careful. Make sure the bolts you have are long enough. I was incrementally torquing mine and pulled the threads out of my rear diff when I started at 18 foot lbs.

Damn! I started my bolts and hand threaded them completely in then, with a ratchet I got them hand tight as best I could while laying on my creeper without cranking them down. Then in an alternating pattern I torqued them to 27 foot pounds. These bolts came with the covers. I believe they are grade 8 but the included instructions did say to only torque between 25-30 foot pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Damn! I started my bolts and hand threaded them completely in then, with a ratchet I got them hand tight as best I could while laying on my creeper without cranking them down. Then in an alternating pattern I torqued them to 27 foot pounds. These bolts came with the covers. I believe they are grade 8 but the included instructions did say to only torque between 25-30 foot pounds.

Yeah I did the same with mine. They were 1/4-1/2 longer than stock too. Believe me I was really surprised and knew immediately what happened. Fortunately there were still about a 1/2 of threads left and was able to get a longer bolt for that hole.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
Yeah I did the same with mine. They were 1/4-1/2 longer than stock too. Believe me I was really surprised and knew immediately what happened. Fortunately there were still about a 1/2 of threads left and was able to get a longer bolt for that hole.

Good thing you were able to work with it still. That’s the worst feeling isn’t it? Tighten, tighten, tighten, oh shit that got easy to turn real quick. Lol.

ThatJeepGuy

I run my diff cover bolts in with a 1/4 drive 18v impact. Torqued to 3-4 ugga duggas.

TxCoastie

Great weekend with Dad.

After 9 months of storing brand new parts we finally made the time to install a crap load of all American made goodies on the JK.

Dynatrac ProGrip brake kit
SteerSmarts HD tie rod w/Yeti attentuer
Steersmarts HD draglink
Steersmarts HD Yeti trackbar
OME shocks
OME steering stablizer
OME relocation bracket
Evo leveling kit
JKS quick disconnects

After the alignment everything is "tight." The stock "slop" road manners are gone and hitting bumps and potholes are very much diminshed. Brakes are way better for my 33's. Great setup.

Attachments

• 20190212_140901.jpg
    20190212_140901.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 169
  • 20190212_133539.jpg
    20190212_133539.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 20190212_141007.jpg
    20190212_141007.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 169
  • 20190212_123234.jpg
    20190212_123234.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 171

A.J.

jesse3638

Hooked
Finally finished the ball joint, gusset, front axle shaft install. It was easy after welding in the gussets..haha. Drives much much better. I think they had been getting sloppy for awhile now. It only took early stages of death wobble to get my attention. The steering is a little tight but I expect that to loosen up after a few hundred miles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom