What was done to your rig this week?

Wheels look good. Now for those windows:p

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

Yeah no doubt! I will be getting a new Bestop here soon. Gonna tint my windows as dark as I can. Im really liking the darker side of the Red Rock.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

Installed the Bestop Trektop NX this weekend. Now I understand why everyone recommends waiting for a warm day to install!! But patience is not something I'm known for! Does anyone know how long it takes for these things to break in? I had such a hard time latching it at the windshield header I'm afraid to unlatch the thing!
Also, having a long arm upgrade installed this week!ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363057382.417384.jpg

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363058212.233653.jpg
Also relocated some lights I had on my roof rack and installed my hi lift on the ORFAB tire carrier. One of the best things was that my girl friend helped me with all this!! She's a keeper!!!

Installed the Bestop Trektop NX this weekend. Now I understand why everyone recommends waiting for a warm day to install!! But patience is not something I'm known for! Does anyone know how long it takes for these things to break in? I had such a hard time latching it at the windshield header I'm afraid to unlatch the thing!
Also, having a long arm upgrade installed this week!View attachment 19461

stealthy looking! :thumb:

A couple of days and itll be much easier from then on!

When I installed mine it was about 75 degrees and the top was sooooo tight that it BENT the channels on the bed for the top to fold into. BENT THEM... They bend back easy but DAMN!!!

Yeah, it was insanely tight and the Bestop didn't really provide the most helpful install instructions! Actually they were worthless!!

I dont want to derail this thread, but was it because its the Trek Top and not the regular square back that made the install so difficult?

Sweet ride brother that looks really cool, I was thinking about ordering one my self

Yeah, it was insanely tight and the Bestop didn't really provide the most helpful install instructions! Actually they were worthless!!

I have two holes in my roll bar padding because the instructions are so well written. :cheesy:

I dont want to derail this thread, but was it because its the Trek Top and not the regular square back that made the install so difficult?

They make them tight because they stretch. If they made them loose then they would be really loose after they stretch.

Has anyone who's installed the trektop had problems with leaking at the header bar?? It seems there's a pretty good gap from where the hard top used to sit!
I understand the reason they need to be tight and the finished product was worth the sore hands;)
Here's a before and after of my rig. Thanks again for all the input and complements, gentlemen!!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363102028.131473.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363102042.915156.jpg

Has anyone who's installed the trektop had problems with leaking at the header bar?? It seems there's a pretty good gap from where the hard top used to sit!
I understand the reason they need to be tight and the finished product was worth the sore hands;)
Here's a before and after of my rig. Thanks again for all the input and complements, gentlemen!!
View attachment 19494
View attachment 19495
Looks sharp. my buddy has that top I believe Ill ask him and let you know.

View attachment 19494
View attachment 19495

That is a night and day difference! Looks good!

The gap is the same as the factory soft top on mine. Although I have yet to wash it since installing the new top.

Top Bottom