What was done to your rig this week?

Zstairlessone

Be very careful with those. To use them it looks like you need to stick your fingers in the holes. When you jump out of your jeep, make sure you don't leave a finger dangling from that handle. I've personally seen a detached finger hanging on a scissor-lift after a guy jumped out, snagging his finger on a pin. It's not a pretty sight. Please be careful with those. The guy had a ring on his finger that snagged on the pin...
and climbing in in case you slip....

RDE2ROK

thardy

Banned
Finally removed all the doors for the first time today. Had to use a jack to help fascilitate the process. Found a neat idea of using two round 2" stick on mirrors and placed them on the outer ac vents. It actually works really well and only cost me $6.
View attachment 154974
The view from inside on driver side...
View attachment 154976
And from the passenger side while sitting in drivers seat...
View attachment 154977

Are you just going to leave them on or are they fairly easy to get on and off

Finally removed all the doors for the first time today. Had to use a jack to help fascilitate the process. Found a neat idea of using two round 2" stick on mirrors and placed them on the outer ac vents. It actually works really well and only cost me $6.
View attachment 154974
The view from inside on driver side...
View attachment 154976
And from the passenger side while sitting in drivers seat...
View attachment 154977

Can you still open the vents with these on?

TwistedJK

Are you just going to leave them on or are they fairly easy to get on and off

Sorry guys, just saw these. They stick on and yes, you can still flip the vents around like they aren't even there. I'm going to leave them on until they fall off. It's just a 3m adhesive backing, I'm assuming some good cleaner or goo remover will work if it's even needed at all.

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
Sorry guys, just saw these. They stick on and yes, you can still flip the vents around like they aren't even there. I'm going to leave them on until they fall off. It's just a 3m adhesive backing, I'm assuming some good cleaner or goo remover will work if it's even needed at all.

Nice. Good to know.

joshuaj21

Great looking rig. I personally like the "Not overly Modded" look.

Thanks brother. I appreciate it. Don't get me wrong, if I could shake the money tree for another $50k, I'd have myself something similar to "Mobi" but I like the simple, but functional look for now.

mikefishes

Be very careful with those. To use them it looks like you need to stick your fingers in the holes. When you jump out of your jeep, make sure you don't leave a finger dangling from that handle. I've personally seen a detached finger hanging on a scissor-lift after a guy jumped out, snagging his finger on a pin. It's not a pretty sight. Please be careful with those. The guy had a ring on his finger that snagged on the pin...

Good point. I considered that and almost went with a different version that is more of a "loop" that all of your fingers go through together. However, it's probably hard to tell from the pictures but the holes in the handles are huge. I also don't wear any rings so I figure the chances of some sort of snag are slim. I hope I'm right!

Top Bottom