What was done to your rig this week?

Tixslam

I had purchased and semi-installed the EVO protek plate and got stuck at the engine mounts. Emailed and waited for a response from EVO that confirmed it wasn’t going to work. Sigh
Yeah that is frustrating. The MORE plate was the only one I could find that fit the 3.6 etorque engine, short of complete coverage skid systems. Those motor mount bolts are fun fun fun.:censored::censored::censored:

RJV

Put on a Rubicon sway bar with the evo manual disconnect on my Sahara. Got the idea from Eddie's video on it, so thanks for the tip! If anyone wants the motor off of it, name your price!
h5p7y1tm.jpg

Flex with it connected:
0j0T6K7m.jpg

Disconnected (notice now the front bumper is hitting the rock pile now, left it in 2wd, made it further up)
zQ7JOsEm.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
Put on a Rubicon sway bar with the evo manual disconnect on my Sahara. Got the idea from Eddie's video on it, so thanks for the tip! If anyone wants the motor off of it, name your price!
h5p7y1tm.jpg

Flex with it connected:
0j0T6K7m.jpg

Disconnected (notice now the front bumper is hitting the rock pile now, left it in 2wd, made it further up)
zQ7JOsEm.jpg
One of my first and favorite Mods.... makes wheeling in 2wd/4hHI at any speed a lot more comfortable.

CalSgt

Hooked
Not familiar with Taser for JL... do you have to plug in a module everytime or set it then just use the factory button?
The module stays plugged in under the dash all the time. Once the sway bar disconnect is set in the menu (one time) all I do is come to a complete stop and press the disconnect button. The dash says I can disconnect in 2wd then disconnects it anyway, if I speed up to 30 or shut the ignition off it reconnects

TrailHunter

Hooked
The module stays plugged in under the dash all the time. Once the sway bar disconnect is set in the menu (one time) all I do is come to a complete stop and press the disconnect button. The dash says I can disconnect in 2wd then disconnects it anyway, if I speed up to 30 or shut the ignition off it reconnects
Got it... The reconnecting at 30 is the issue... and why I like the EVO No Limits... set it and forget it till you get off the dirt.

RJV

Got it... The reconnecting at 30 is the issue... and why I like the EVO No Limits... set it and forget it till you get off the dirt.
One question I have about it is if it lets you screw it in and out, does that mean it will disconnect and reconnect? Like if it's not going to work bc of suspension load or not being level, will the knob still turn normally or will it be "stuck" until you rock it?

TrailHunter

Hooked
One question I have about it is if it lets you screw it in and out, does that mean it will disconnect and reconnect? Like if it's not going to work bc of suspension load or not being level, will the knob still turn normally or will it be "stuck" until you rock it?
Its works very simple.. in its disengaged, out its engaged. If when you unscrew it and the suspension is flexed for some reason, it will find itself and engage as you drive... if thats what you are asking.

GP NOIR

Hooked
Torqued the pitman arm nut.

Pro Tip- Whenever the steering starts to wander or any looseness is felt, start by torquing the pitman arm nut, even if no play is detected in the pitman arm. That doesn’t mean it will always be the problem, but troubleshooting without first eliminating all play in the pitman arm will give false indications.

JediNighT

PSC installation complete along with the winch relocation to the rear bumper. Moved the 10K to the rear and added a 12K to the front. Need to re-think the tailgate fab to make room to opening and closing over the winch. This will do for now, until I can re-engineer a solution for deep water crossings.

On another note:
Going to create a seperate thread for these mods, as this build has become larger than antcipated...

Had PSC hydro gear Box reinstalled by a reputable and experienced JEEP shop! All Synergy/Fox components that were installed with the UD 60's were replaced by YETI (track bar, drag link, and tie rod) as well as the front track and sector shaft brace. I want to send out a BIG thanks to Joe’s Jeep Jungle out of MD for their great support and service! While there removed the LeDuc Coil overs that rode too harsh from the ride height and pre-load and replace with an EVO/ Fox setup.

New Build Thread: https://www.wayalife.com/threads/jedi-night-build-2018-jeep-jlus.64080/

Attachments

• IMG-4495.jpg
    IMG-4495.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-4497.jpg
    IMG-4497.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-4200.jpg
    IMG-4200.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 15
Top Bottom