What was done to your rig this week?

Loaded the Jeep and took it to the dealer for warranty work. We will see how that turns out. Fingers crossed 🤞

Also cleaned it out before taking it. It had remnants of Moab, Colorado, Dusy, and the NY21 run all over inside.

I kept my deck/storage box so I can hopefully find time to finish it up and put the carpeting in it so it looks better.

Good Luck Jerry. 🤞🏽

It is, but it is a PITA. It's too big to be a small trailer, for one truck, Jeep, piece of equipment, and too small to be a big trailer, to fit two jeeps or two small pieces of equipment on.

It does tow nice though, much better than the back more pull trailers I have.

The price was right though, as it is a loaner from a good friend.

Glad you were able to get that straightened out!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

IMG_4975.jpgIMG_4980.jpg

Rotated my tires and while I was at it, put on Spidertrax 1.5” spacers. This little Jeep is slowly coming together. Next is the lift.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Preparing for the long arm install, and I needed to start getting some welding practice in with the new welder.
I had a Lincoln, but it grew legs and walked off.

I decided to give the Yeswelder a chance, and so far so good. It came with lots of alleged capability, and at around $300, will be a good deal if it keeps working.
It will run wire, with or without gas, and do stick welding, in the same box. I'm starting off with 0.35" inner shield wire, no gas. I will work up to gas later

First job was to weld a pair of "D" rings onto my gooseneck hitch in the F-350. The welder did a good job, and the operator (me) is in need of more practice, but I didn't completely forget how.

The first pass was a bit rough, but by the fourth, it was getting to the acceptable range.

Looks good Jerry. Hope that welder holds up. By the way, did you use it with 220v or 110v?

Whats wrong with it? Just the Skid?

Check engine light for small evap leak for the last three years. Hasn’t been registered in that time cause I can’t get it smogged. Dealer tried and tried and I paid a lot to them for nothing.

Gonna replace the filler tube top to bottom and pulled the tank to check the fittings. If I can’t get it fixed I’ll sell it non op. I’m over it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Check engine light for small evap leak for the last three years. Hasn’t been registered in that time cause I can’t get it smogged. Dealer tried and tried and I paid a lot to them for nothing.

Gonna replace the filler tube top to bottom and pulled the tank to check the fittings. If I can’t get it fixed I’ll sell it non op. I’m over it.

Be sure to include on the sales receipt the vehicle is for parts only... Even on Non-Op some asshole will try to hold you accountable for smoging that MF, CA sucks

This might be a dumb question but I don’t know how it works... Couldn’t you sell it to someone in a different state that doesn’t have smog?

This might be a dumb question but I don’t know how it works... Couldn’t you sell it to someone in a different state that doesn’t have smog?

Yeah I’m pretty sure I could. Just makes it harder being that it’s not easy for them to come look at it.

Have you replaced the evap filter - usually for large evap leaks if the tank fitting wasn't broken easy change and cheap - System Integrity Module Detector - Mopar (4861962AC)

For the small evap leak, mine turned out to be the hose in the engine bay. The plastic hose that connects with a rubber section to the manifold behind the intake.

I can take a pic tomorrow

Have you replaced the evap filter - usually for large evap leaks if the tank fitting wasn't broken easy change and cheap - System Integrity Module Detector - Mopar (4861962AC)

For the small evap leak, mine turned out to be the hose in the engine bay. The plastic hose that connects with a rubber section to the manifold behind the intake.

I can take a pic tomorrow

Yeah evap has been replaced a couple times. Last was by the dealer and it hasn’t really been driving since replacement. I’d be interested in seeing your leak.

Looks good Jerry. Hope that welder holds up. By the way, did you use it with 220v or 110v?

Thanks Doug.

So far I have only used it on 110. I tried the 220 outlet in the garage, but it is dead. The breaker felt funky, so it may need replaced, or there may be more issues, I'm not sure.

I got 0.35 wire, and could not dial it down enough to do some work on thin sheet metal. I think I will get a roll of 0.23 and try that.

I did build a couple of tools out of 1/4" square stock, and the lowest setting it will go to with the 0.35 wire, which was 80 amps. It worked good, but I had to go in short spurts, as it was really overheating the metal.

I'm also going to try it out on stick, with some 1/8 7018 rod, then later add gas to it for solid wire. It is set up for that.

Thanks Doug.

So far I have only used it on 110. I tried the 220 outlet in the garage, but it is dead. The breaker felt funky, so it may need replaced, or there may be more issues, I'm not sure.

I got 0.35 wire, and could not dial it down enough to do some work on thin sheet metal. I think I will get a roll of 0.23 and try that.

I did build a couple of tools out of 1/4" square stock, and the lowest setting it will go to with the 0.35 wire, which was 80 amps. It worked good, but I had to go in short spurts, as it was really overheating the metal.

I'm also going to try it out on stick, with some 1/8 7018 rod, then later add gas to it for solid wire. It is set up for that.

That sounds like a very versatile machine Jerry. Pretty slick.

Top Bottom