What Is Your Favorite Tire For Your Jeep?

MadHornet0618

I have a 2009 Jeep Wrangler 2 door with Atturro M/T 33x12.5x17 with a 4" lift. They seem to wear well and not that bad noisy. Cost was very reasonable for me, I get them at $165 per tire only, prices may have gone up with covid tho. I like their look but have thought about going to 35's, I don't put a lot of mileage on them, about 7500 miles per year. My jeep is pretty much just used for going to work and taking a trip. Will buy another one later for off roading, need something to get me to work if it tears up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 2009 Jeep Wrangler 2 door with Atturro M/T 33x12.5x17 with a 4" lift. They seem to wear well and not that bad noisy. Cost was very reasonable for me, I get them at $165 per tire only, prices may have gone up with covid tho. I like their look but have thought about going to 35's, I don't put a lot of mileage on them, about 7500 miles per year. My jeep is pretty much just used for going to work and taking a trip. Will buy another one later for off roading, need something to get me to work if it tears up.
Rather than me telling you what my favorite tire is, I might recommend a tire that's best suited for your needs. Based on what you have now and how you use your Jeep, you might want to consider a good all terrain tire like a BFG or something in between like a Nitto Ridge Grappler.

benatc1

Hooked
I'd have to say the ridge grappler, I've ran a few sets on my trucks now, and 1 set in Jeep. Quiet great on the road,in snow and on dirt. Always had great luck with ko2as well, and they barely seemed to ever wear on the Jeep, but I hate how small bfg runs. When my Jeep becomes a designated off road/weekender again ill probably run an MT like stt pro, or maybe go back to a trail grappler.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'd have to say the ridge grappler, I've ran a few sets on my trucks now, and 1 set in Jeep. Quiet great on the road,in snow and on dirt. Always had great luck with ko2as well, and they barely seemed to ever wear on the Jeep, but I hate how small bfg runs. When my Jeep becomes a designated off road/weekender again ill probably run an MT like stt pro, or maybe go back to a trail grappler.
I just got my son a set of BFG KO2 35x12.5x17 to replace his Duratracs. They seem taller but a tad narrower than the 315 Duratracs on our other Jeep (relatively new).

benatc1

Hooked
I just got my son a set of BFG KO2 35x12.5x17 to replace his Duratracs. They seem taller but a tad narrower than the 315 Duratracs on our other Jeep (relatively new).
Maybe they've gotten better, honestly, that's been one of my favorite tires over the years, and I know every tire runs smaller than advertised but the last set of KO2s I had was a 295/70/17 and they looked tiny for what I was expecting, so I measured them out to be like 31x10.5. which wasn't great in opinion but it did help meet keep some gas mileage lol.

Just a heads up, you may wanna post questions like this in their designated forums. (y)

It would be hard to tell you what my favorite tire is since I've had different sets for different applications and vehicles. For an all terrain with a good mix of on road, amount of wear, and off road performance, I'd undoubtedly go with BFG KO2s. For a designated wheeler I'd go Nitto Trail Grapplers. Your OP sounds like you need some all terrains.

MadHornet0618

Rather than me telling you what my favorite tire is, I might recommend a tire that's best suited for your needs. Based on what you have now and how you use your Jeep, you might want to consider a good all terrain tire like a BFG or something in between like a Nitto Ridge Grappler.
Im actually satisfied with the Atturro brand. Aggressive look, rides good, ive gotten almost 40,000 out of the first set that I put on 4 yrs ago. Still got great
tread also.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Im actually satisfied with the Atturro brand. Aggressive look, rides good, ive gotten almost 40,000 out of the first set that I put on 4 yrs ago. Still got great
tread also.
That being the case, perhaps that's what you should run again.

A.J.

What is the point of this thread?
To tell everyone why they are wrong and that the cheapest tires he could find are the best because that’s what he bought.

So with that in mind I will say the Toyo MT’s are the best tires in the world because that’s what I bought last.

Vincent Hardin

I've been using them for over a year now, and so far, I have no complaints. I'd recommend them to the other members as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom