What is the Best GoPro setting for Filming Jeep Adventures?

Wolff1

Im planning on filming most of our "Jeep Trips" with our GoPro black. Ive seen some great footage on here and figured you guys would know what the best settings ( narrow, medium, wide. What resolution, etc.)
I'll most likely be using a windshield mount or rollbar mount.
Any and all help is appreciated

I've got the silver edition. I have exclusively used the suction cup mount because I enjoyed getting different angles. Never fell off even going through the water. I typically used 30fps on 720p. I send my videos to my family to 720 cuts back on the size vs 1080p. Also with the protune I don't like it unless its super sunny. In my experience protune makes the video all grainy in mid-low light situations.

Just a trail run, I'd do 720p@30fps. For footage you may use in a film like the Wayalife films, 720p@60fps which will give you smooth slowmotion. I like 720p because of the wider angle as opposed to 1080.

I got a gopro hero naked, and use both 720 and 1080p res. 720 takes less memory and less battery life also.

I got a gopro hero naked, and use both 720 and 1080p res. 720 takes less memory and less battery life also.

Yeah I considered battery life and bought the extra "battery backpack" for mine. it seems to double battery life and charges via usb which i now have on the radio in the truck! enjoying modern vehicles.

Yeah I considered battery life and bought the extra "battery backpack" for mine. it seems to double battery life and charges via usb which i now have on the radio in the truck! enjoying modern vehicles.

I usually film in 1080 but I'm thinking of doing 920 instead now. Get the little extra batterie life, the better quality up from 720, and the little extra storage. I have the extra battery pack as well and it is very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone

I use the 960 48fps sorry steve 920 isn't a setting lol but the 960 is good enough to get a good shit not use to much battery and can get some good slow-mo shots

I use the 960 48fps sorry steve 920 isn't a setting lol but the 960 is good enough to get a good shit not use to much battery and can get some good slow-mo shots

Haha I guessed on 920! That's for the clarification tho Sean

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom