What is a better bang for your buck

I'm fixing to put 35 s on my wife's. It's taken long enough just to get those. I'm just trying to figure out the right gears for what o need

Go Evo leveling kit. It's a straight forward install and nets enough lift for 35's with flat fenders. Great ride and handling.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444959286.838957.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444959286.838957.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 116
That's exactly what I'm looking for cause I like my jeep to stay low to the tires. I dont like feeling like I'm gonna roll by being to high, I did that in a bronco a long time ago ha

I have the Rancho 2" sport with the 9000 series shocks.

It sits a bit nose high, and I have a warn power plant on a RC bumper (pretty light). I also have a LOD rear bumper, so I do wish I had bought the 2 door version for the 1.75" rear space instead of the .75".

Running 315/70/17s, and the fronts rub a bit when flexed, going to trim those next. Rear definitely needed trimming.

Alignment is a bit off, but no difference there with any the EVO level kit.

Probably going Enforcer next, but I am not in a rush.

It has been a toss up between the evo and rancho. I know everyone on here loves evo, but I haven't heard to much about the rancho. That's why I have been asking. I just want to get something that will work for awhile. And once all 4 kids are grown then I can go buy something else when I have all that extra money ha. But until then I have to keep it simple. So that's why I'm sticking with one of the leveling kits between them two

I don't have, or know of either complete system, but I have the 9000's and I think they are awesome, mostly for the adjustability

The only thing that makes me nervous about the evo, is do you have to buy a lot of extra stuff to go with it like extended brake lines, shock extensions, front sway bar disconnects, or anything else?

The only thing that makes me nervous about the evo, is do you have to buy a lot of extra stuff to go with it like extended brake lines, shock extensions, front sway bar disconnects, or anything else?

The enforcer package comes with everything that you need. It has extended brake lines and such.

As for the rancho kit I have heard good things about it from Eddie. He has said that the rancho coils are very similar to the plush rides.

You shouldn't even need the longer brake lines with the Evo leveling kit. Back in the day when I ran the cheap Teraflex leaving kit (2" front/1" rear) my stock brake lines were fine. I think all I did was un bolt the front brake line bracket from the frame, but at full droop my stock lines still had enough slack for me to not worry about it.

Last edited:
No brake line or shock extensions needed. I'm running Rubi take off shocks without issue. I did order JKS disconnects because I wanted something easier than stock links to disconnect and like the adjustability of them. Some get factory rear links and put them up front.

I have the Evo leveling kit on my wife's 4 door Rubicon. Poison Spyder flat flares with 35's. Factory shocks and factory brakelines.

Oh and hey! We are even running a sale on these kits right now. Could ship out today!

Wes

I have the Evo leveling kit on my wife's 4 door Rubicon. Poison Spyder flat flares with 35's. Factory shocks and factory brakelines.

Oh and hey! We are even running a sale on these kits right now. Could ship out today!

Wes

Insert plug here. Lol
But seriously thanks for running the wayalife discount.

Now on to the next thing. I know it's like a rule on this forum that if you have 35 then you need 4:88 gears and if you have 37 then you need 5:13. Now would it be a bad thing if I went with 4:56 to try and save gas? Also would I actually save that much gas for it to even be worth it going with 4:56?

Now on to the next thing. I know it's like a rule on this forum that if you have 35 then you need 4:88 gears and if you have 37 then you need 5:13. Now would it be a bad thing if I went with 4:56 to try and save gas? Also would I actually save that much gas for it to even be worth it going with 4:56?

I average about 16mpg with my 4.88/35 combo. On a good day I can squeeze out about 18 ish. I highly recommend the 4.88s over the 4.56s.

I have 4:88 on my jeep and they are great for around town but when we go on a long trip, I go through some gas on the highway. But like I said earlier, if the gas saving isn't that big of a difference then I will stick with the 4:88 for my wife. And honestly I probably will considering that years down the road I would love to put on 37

Top Bottom