What do you Collect?

NAUJK

I searched for something similar and couldn't find anything so I decided I would start a thread, If it has been done I do apologize as I could not find it. Here we go!

What do you collect? Lets see all the things we collect, such as rocks, stamps, matchbox cars...Jeeps for Eddie :crazyeyes: ... whatever! Lets see your collections!!

As a Geologist in Arizona I have to collect rocks right? Well here are some of them!

rocks.jpg
The one in the plastic bag is a chunk of Anthracite (Coal).

Cheers!! :beer:

Up until 2 weeks ago I was collecting unemployment....but that ran out and now I only seem to be collecting debt! :banghead:

As I kid I collected police patches, I had a collection of a few hundred....not sire what happened to it.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Up until 2 weeks ago I was collecting unemployment....but that ran out and now I only seem to be collecting debt! :banghead:

As I kid I collected police patches, I had a collection of a few hundred....not sire what happened to it.

Haha I was going to say bills, but I am lucky to be employed. What did you do loscann48? I am currently collecting children's toys

1394494437196.jpg

I collect Geocaches. We are avid seekers of the high tech treasures.

Don't try the one near the Flying-J in Amarillo. I spent an hour in the backseat of a cop car trying to explain what Geocaching is, and they really weren't trying to hear it, lmao

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Old Snap On tools.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394495038.666813.jpg

I guess tools in general. Mainly Snap On but when a good deal strikes on Proto, Craftsman, Matco, Mac and other USA made vintage stuff I'm all over it.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394495353.833092.jpg

And always on the hunt for old Ford speed equipment.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394495476.685702.jpg

Lately I've been into vintage shaving stuff. Straight razors, double edge razors and stuff like that.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394495662.684831.jpg

I enjoy estate/garage sales. Only able to afford the stuff I have by looking for the real deals.

Last edited:
I collect double edge safety razor's. My favorite is a 1942 Gillete Tech and a 1921 Gillette open comb. Also have a 1955 Gillete Super Speed. Traditional shaving is a very expensive hobby to start but well worth it. I can buy 100 blades for $50. Each blade last about 3 - 4 days. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394496098.627624.jpg

There is something about whipping up a lather with a badger hair brush.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Haha I was going to say bills, but I am lucky to be employed. What did you do loscann48? I am currently collecting children's toys

View attachment 73007

Certified Social Studies Teacher in CT, also have background in LE/Security. Oh yeah...I can add that to my list of things I collect....College degrees....2 Bachelors and soon a Masters....which I think actually makes it harder to get a job... No one wants to hire someone with a lot of education for an entry level position.

I collect double edge safety razor's. My favorite is a 1942 Gillete Tech and a 1921 Gillette open comb. Also have a 1955 Gillete Super Speed. Traditional shaving is a very expensive hobby to start but well worth it. I can buy 100 blades for $50. Each blade last about 3 - 4 days. View attachment 73021

There is something about whipping up a lather with a badger hair brush.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Nice collection Will! And I agree. Nothing like whipping up that lather and holding a straight up to your throat in the morning. Lol

My best shaves are with a straight then followed up with a DE.

Certified Social Studies Teacher in CT, also have background in LE/Security. Oh yeah...I can add that to my list of things I collect....College degrees....2 Bachelors and soon a Masters....which I think actually makes it harder to get a job... No one wants to hire someone with a lot of education for an entry level position.

True I know my wife had a hard time trying to find a teaching Job so she applied for other jobs that don't require a degree and they looked at her funny. If you don't mind moving to the shitty state of NJ I know they are always hiring probation officers.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

I probably have 70 pocket knives however I really don't actively collect them so much any more. I do have probably more than 100 vintage and antique toys I collect. I only collect tin and steel toys that wind up or take batts.Probably my best toy is a 1927 Buck Rogers space ship in the original cardboard box with original instructions and a small envelope with a spare flint.Another favorite is a Charlie Mc Carthy Bakelite radio.The toys that are most collectable are 1950 to 1960 Japanese batt. op. toys.They have a lot of action and pretty much eliminated the USA made toys.http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w463/dahreno/029.jpg[/IMG]

Top Bottom