Well it happened today!!

Ouch!!!! It's a Jeep thing. I have a 2016 with 7k miles on it and I'm already on windshield number two.

Sorry about your bad luck :(

At least it can be fixed, mine went from a quarter size to a top to bottom crack in 20 min

Insurance will cover to repair it. If they can't it's coming out if my pocket a new windshield is $150 installed. If I want the factory one its $290. Cheaper than my deductible.

I have a windshield rock magnet on my 2010 - 4 windshields.

last few times I've had the chip sealed.

1st time was within a month when I bought it! was cleaning the windshield and the metal part of the squeegee slipped into the gap, caught the edge - I heard and watched that crack spread all the way across :doh:

At least I am not the only one in the "chipped you own windshield club".

Left the trail, just about 40 mph a rock comes off the tire and goes strait up and then into windshield. :doh:

Stupid Oregon uses pea gravel sized lava on the passes during winter driving conditions.

Insurance will cover to repair it. If they can't it's coming out if my pocket a new windshield is $150 installed. If I want the factory one its $290. Cheaper than my deductible.

I would verify that. It is covered under comprehensive, but generally with a different deductible. I would say closer to $50-$100 would be more likely.

Anybody have a good glass source.

Glass isnt what it used to be. I'm tired of looking at my cracks and New Mexico sand blasted windshield.

Top Bottom