Welcome from So-Cal!

docwilson

Hi all,

I've participated on the thread, but never officially introduced myself. I previously had a 2012 JLU Sahara, lightly modified, did a lot of great exploring. Wife, children, work related training happened and time was tight, so we made the decision to sell. Schedule is still tight, but timing is better so we recently jumped into a 2021 JLU Rubicon with plans for some serious adventures. Did some desirable/essential upgrades -- 3.5" lift, 37s, heavy duty steering components, front drive shaft, steel bumpers, winch, and sliders that sorta offer a step...

I'm no mechanic, but had toyed with the idea of doing the suspension/steering myself. However, my wife was appropriately opposed -- pay a professional, it'll be too much work. I did the non-suspension/drivetrain, took it to a local and so-called reputable shop here in So-Cal who unfortunately botched many aspects of the install -- steering components installed haphazardly (not torqued down, greased, and dust caps not installed), alignment grossly off, fender liners hacked for piggy back, upper coil isolator 180-degrees backward (created slight bow in coil), etc. Super disappointing.

Frustrations aside, the education and learning on the forum here, Eddie & Cindy's youtube channel, and a few other sources have been invaluable. All of this has given me the knowledge and confidence to rectify the issues from the shop that botched my install, double check what appears to have been done correctly, feel good about all of this, and much more. The point I'm getting at here is that it is great to have all of these resources and I greatly appreciate them!

I hope with time I can meet some of you guys and gals on the trails and continue to learn and have fun!

Attachments

• IMG_1695.jpeg
    IMG_1695.jpeg
    271.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks! Love the D! Lived in Royal Oak for 3 years (2012-2015) and worked/trained downtown at Henry Ford Hospital! :)
I’m about twenty minutes north in Rochester, but I am back and forth to Grosse Point almost daily right now for a couple projects. The city has come a long way in the last 6 years

Top Bottom