WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

What's wrong with Moby? Power steering or radiator related?

LOL!! Where do I begin? In Moab, we lost a transmission mount spacer. I recently found and installed a replacement. I pulled our PowerPlant off so that I could replace a busted timing belt on the compressor and while I was at it, I decided to replace our transmission cooler - I just got cooler installed today. Since we got home, we've had a small radiator leak and I've been trying to track that down. Aside from that, I need to get our rear drive shaft rebalanced and if I can ever get myself to take everything apart, I need to replace a leaky input shaft seal on our Atlas. Did I cover everything? :crazyeyes:

LOL!! Where do I begin? In Moab, we lost a transmission mount spacer. I recently found and installed a replacement. I pulled our PowerPlant off so that I could replace a busted timing belt on the compressor and while I was at it, I decided to replace our transmission cooler - I just got cooler installed today. Since we got home, we've had a small radiator leak and I've been trying to track that down. Aside from that, I need to get our rear drive shaft rebalanced and if I can ever get myself to take everything apart, I need to replace a leaky input shaft seal on our Atlas. Did I cover everything? :crazyeyes:

Maybe I need to come up and help. Almost one year ago we were running secret canyon. :thumb:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462162230.076735.jpg

Just came across the pictures again.

Quite the list! Sorry for the slight hijack, but how many times have you had to rebalance your rear driveshaft that you've run since installing the PR80? IIRC you've posted in the past about having it done. Out of balance from hitting it on rocks?

Quite the list! Sorry for the slight hijack, but how many times have you had to rebalance your rear driveshaft that you've run since installing the PR80? IIRC you've posted in the past about having it done. Out of balance from hitting it on rocks?

LOL!! It's all good and really, there's no hijacking this thread. Since installing our PR80, we've had it rebalanced twice. Of course, back when we were still running a PR60, still had it's rear shaft rebalanced just as many times in the same amount of time. When you play on big enough speed bumps, it's hard not to clear a few balancing weights off of it :crazyeyes:

That's quite a laundry list. I admire your ambition. Can I drop off my Jeep with you along with my laundry list. Lol

That's quite a laundry list. I admire your ambition. Can I drop off my Jeep with you along with my laundry list. Lol

LOL!! Sure, come on up but, I need to finish tearing my PowerPlant COMPLETELY apart, install a new timing belt on the air compressor piston and the reassemble the whole thing first! :crazyeyes:

LOL!! It's all good and really, there's no hijacking this thread. Since installing our PR80, we've had it rebalanced twice. Of course, back when we were still running a PR60, still had it's rear shaft rebalanced just as many times in the same amount of time. When you play on big enough speed bumps, it's hard not to clear a few balancing weights off of it :crazyeyes:

Was hoping it indeed was hitting/dragging it on the trails, figured I'd ask. My old '08 4dr Rubi always had a stock rear shaft and just replaced it for cheap the one time I twisted it into two pieces. My '15 JK that is still in the shop with Drew and his crew has a JE Reel 1410 with the PR80 and was curious if random rebalances are something in my future to keep it running smooth on the highway. I suppose having such a huge low pinion axle hanging outback hitting the driveshaft is bound to happen sooner than later.

Was hoping it indeed was hitting/dragging it on the trails, figured I'd ask. My old '08 4dr Rubi always had a stock rear shaft and just replaced it for cheap the one time I twisted it into two pieces. My '15 JK that is still in the shop with Drew and his crew has a JE Reel 1410 with the PR80 and was curious if random rebalances are something in my future to keep it running smooth on the highway. I suppose having such a huge low pinion axle hanging outback hitting the driveshaft is bound to happen sooner than later.

Honestly, while the low pinion of the PR80 doesn't help with anything, I've cleared weights on both my high pinion 60 and even factory 44. Rebalancing my drive shaft is just routine maintenance for me. Of course, I probably just suck as a driver :crazyeyes:

wayoflife said:
Of course, I probably just suck as a driver :crazyeyes:

That there is really funny. I've been around you enough to know now how well you drive. But I have to tell you...you are an even better spotter for newbs and pros alike. I would follow you anywhere. And Cindy too!

That there is really funny. I've been around you enough to know now how well you drive. But I have to tell you...you are an even better spotter for newbs and pros alike. I would follow you anywhere. And Cindy too!

LOL!! Thanks Tom, that was too kind of you. :blush:

Leaky seal on the Atlas? Is it where the Atlas meets the transmission?
I have one there, just curious if it's the same.

Leaky seal on the Atlas? Is it where the Atlas meets the transmission?
I have one there, just curious if it's the same.

As a matter of fact, yes, right where the Atlas bolts up to the transmission. I wonder if it's just an Atlas thing. Being that we have a sight tube and can keep an eye on the level, I haven't worried about it too much but it is annoying.

Been using Rusty, our 1972 J2000 pick up truck as our daily driver lately and have been loving it [emoji41]
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462241674.165262.jpg

X2!! This is so true. I'm fortunate enough to have my father's side grandparents still with us. I was sharing with them some of the recent Moab pics. They were simply amazed and asked if I was scared driving. I think it was more like "are you crazy!" I assured them that I was with a great group and I had the best spotter/friend I could ask for. I'd never do half the stuff I've done if it wasn't for knowing you were helping and teaching me through. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Been using Rusty, our 1972 J2000 pick up truck as our daily driver lately and have been loving it [emoji41]
View attachment 201395

Wow. Looks like a lot of traffic. That's like Carson city rush hour. [emoji6] So wish we could move up there. Will need to settle for a visit, hopefully soon. [emoji2]

Top Bottom