WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

Another piece of Nevada history lost forever. Just drove past this place yesterday too. Really sad to see the old Cottontail go but then, the building has really turned to shit with graffiti and vandalism in just the last few years. I honestly will never know why people are such pieces of shit.

I just watched a video which mentioned that place less than a month ago!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I've been hearing some clunking on the front end of Moby for quite some time now and had a pretty good idea what it was but... fixing it would be a pain and it wasn't really affecting our ride and so... I kept putting on the back burner. You know how it goes. Anyway, finally found some time to give things a look and sure enough, this is what I found...

20220929194033-1b41e7b8.jpg

What do ya think? Probably get another 5-10k miles out of it? LOL

This is what the passenger side looked like 🤪
20220929194044-ac08edc6.jpg

For those of you who don't know, the front upper control arm joints are Clevites. As in, they're bonded rubber bushings (rubber fused to a metal collar and crush sleeve). And, as you can see here, they had completely separated from each other. 😁
20220929194042-959fbf70.jpg

kevman65

Hooked
So, I've been hearing some clunking on the front end of Moby for quite some time now and had a pretty good idea what it was but... fixing it would be a pain and it wasn't really affecting our ride and so... I kept putting on the back burner. You know how it goes. Anyway, finally found some time to give things a look and sure enough, this is what I found...

For those of you who don't know, the front upper control arm joints are Clevites. As in, they're bonded rubber bushings (rubber fused to a metal collar and crush sleeve). And, as you can see here, they had completely separated from each other. 😁
That'll buff out (y)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Looks normal. Did you use your lift?

I'm no noise expert but that may cause a clunking noise... Lol

Same sort of thing happened to my buddy in his TJ. He has aftermarket upper and lower control arms and both uppers up front looked similar to yours. It got so bad before he inspected it that the whole front axle was shifting forward every time he accelerated. Scary feeling but was an easy fix. Glad you got it sorted out before it got worse 👍

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I really hope you filmed the process and made a special point to use jack stands AND your lift so the internet can see how it’s done using BOTH methods!!! 🤣
LOL - sorry, this was a work day and so we didn't film anything. But, now that you mention it, that will have to be something I consider doing in the future. 🤪

jeeeep

Hooked

I've been waiting for the clevite bushings on the JKU to get to the point they separate and fall out, tried pressing them out and failed so I put it back for a little more natural wear lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've been waiting for the clevite bushings on the JKU to get to the point they separate and fall out, tried pressing them out and failed so I put it back for a little more natural wear lol
yeah, there's no pressing out clevite bushings. Nothing short of an air hammer will get them out and even then, it can take a lot of work.

Top Bottom