WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How about that damn climate change... :rolleyes:
It's a funny thing how for years, the "experts" kept on saying how "this is a 100 year winter storm" and how we would "never see another snow year like this again" and then 4-5 years later, we see it again and then again and then again and to the point where things are actually getting better.

That said, Walker Lake really could have easily become the next Owens Lake but fortunately, there are people who've been working really hard to make sure that never happens and by doing things like buying water rights. And, that's what the Conservancy is actively doing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
where is Walker Lake relative to where they want that open pit lithium mine?
Lithium is the new gold in Nevada and there are drilling rigs everywhere up here now looking for it. That said, the big one up in Thacker Pass is about 200 miles to the north.

jeeeep

Hooked
LA really sucks! Luckily they were not able to build a pipe all the way to Walker Lake! If they could find a way, they would have sucked everything dry already!
With all the land available in California, and the heavy rain that they get pretty much every year, they still haven't figured out how to build a reservoir to save themselves.
They'd rather cry about drought, fires, climate change instead of building a couple of reservoirs...

jeeeep

Hooked
Lithium is the new gold in Nevada and there are drilling rigs everywhere up here now looking for it. That said, the big one up in Thacker Pass is about 200 miles to the north.
as long as this 🤬 administration keeps paying for it they will keep drilling.
I suspect if it wasn't for the millions of taxpayer dollars pouring into it, none of those outfits would be drilling.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
as long as this 🤬 administration keeps paying for it they will keep drilling.
I suspect if it wasn't for the millions of taxpayer dollars pouring into it, none of those outfits would be drilling.
Fortunately, the drilling is just for exploration for potential sites to crater it out. But yes, more and more of it is being found and our tax paying dollars are helping to fund the destruction of one of the last most wild places you can visit in the lower 48.

With all the land available in California, and the heavy rain that they get pretty much every year, they still haven't figured out how to build a reservoir to save themselves.
They'd rather cry about drought, fires, climate change instead of building a couple of reservoirs...
Yesterday I watched a news video about Lake Hodges, which is an old reservoir near where I grew up. It seems that San Diego did not maintain it properly, so now they are required to release water every time it rains, as a safety measure. The water level is too low to take water out as a water supply.

So, yes, California is populated by hunter/gatherers, and not terribly different than the native tribes they displaced (except for sheer population explosion). It is a rich state which comes close to extinction every time there is a drought.

They suck Mono lake almost dry and diverted most of the water from the Sierra's into their greedy canals.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
looks like beautiful area, I've got to get out and see these sites before I can't.
It really is and I would highly recommend it (y)
Wow!, it seams last year would have been better with all of snow. But still yeah!!
Most of what you're seeing is from last year's snow melt. There was so much water content that the Walker River just kept flowing in all year. The storms this year is just keeping that going.
Am I mistaken or is this one of the lakes we drove by on one of the wanderlust trips? Regardless, glad to see.
I don't think so but it's been a while so I'll have to look back and see LOL

It really is and I would highly recommend it (y)

Most of what you're seeing is from last year's snow melt. There was so much water content that the Walker River just kept flowing in all year. The storms this year is just keeping that going.

I don't think so but it's been a while so I'll have to look back and see LOL
I was looking on google maps after I posted and I’m not sure either. It was a while back. But I do recall driving lakeside on dirt for some time and then staying not too far from the lake. My memory ain’t what it used to be, and it wasn’t that great to begin with. Ha ha.

This shit here!: https://x.com/thrillarilla369/status/1783686071986897067?s=46&t=S0b2a3IIvpJuEuh_98o0kw

IMG_5236.jpeg

IMG_5235.jpeg

Top Bottom