Wave out of Brooklyn, NY

gheller

Hello All,

Always wanted a Wrangler since I was a teen but never had the opportunity until recently. (Midlife Crisis setting in). Waiting on an order I placed for a 2016 Black Willys Wheeler W unlimited. I've been researching all I can about the JK and the first thing I realized is how incredibly extensive the support is for the Wrangler with all the forums, websites and blogs. I've also come to the impression that this (Wayalife) is one of the better places to be.

I've worked as a mechanic years ago for a Toyota/Subaru dealership in NY and currently "brive a dus" for NYCT.

First thing I intend to do with my Willys is upgrade the headlights to an LED system. I'm looking at JW Speaker 8700 J system (although I'm not sure I like those half halos) or going with Vision X. I'm open to suggestions as well.

I appreciate what I have learned from this site so far before having joined, and now I hope in the future I can give something back.

G :standing wave:

Andy5160

Hooked
Welcome from Long Island
Look around and enjoy the forum.
JW'S are good but not cheap. So if you have the coin sure why not.Post some pictures when you can.

NV JK Steve

Welcome from Northern Nevada! Led's are awesome but they operate so cool they won't melt the snow and ice. Just something to think about.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
welcome to wayalife! the more you dig into threads on the forum about leds you will find most of us run truck-lites they also make heated lenses for the snow and ice up in brooklyn... and cheaper than jw! just my 2cents :thumb:

gheller

Excellent, thanks for the tips on the LED conversion headlights.

I see the Truck lite 2727 5C heated LED lights here. http://www.quadratec.com/products/97009_8003.htm They have the "black out" look that I like too

I would also need the PWM adaptor harness but that's fine. Should be an easy swap and still comes out cheaper...

Great suggestion :thumb:

Top Bottom