Wave from Oregon

duktrx

A wave from PDX.

Longtime Jeep dreamer here, finally pulled the trigger last October and got a Detonator yellow JK.

How I know I was destined to drive a Jeep, I never heard of the Jeep wave, yet on the maiden voyage home I waved at the first Jeep I passed, a CJ-5, and received a wave back. I just instinctively waved just like I did all the years riding my motorcycle. It is amazing how one can shift, wave and navigate a switchback simultaneously, I figure my next challenge will be enjoying a hot beverage as well.

Still deciding on what to change first. Before I get to far off the path I want/need a winch, been stuck in a mud hole before, and have no desire to rely on a come-along and ratchet straps again.

Tree Frog

Hi there from down here in Roseburg.
Would love to see you at the upcoming run. Don't worry if you don't have a winch yet, there are plenty of us that do and would love to help you get out if you need it.
My last Jeep was a CJ5 in hurt your eyes Yellow.

duktrx

Hi there from down here in Roseburg.
Would love to see you at the upcoming run. Don't worry if you don't have a winch yet, there are plenty of us that do and would love to help you get out if you need it.
My last Jeep was a CJ5 in hurt your eyes Yellow.

I was disappointed when Jeep dropped yellow, I spent 6+ months looking for a yellow JK with a 6 speed.

ClarksAdventures

I thought they brought it back, but Baja is all I found when trying to build one, looks like cross between orange and yellow.

Yup, they call it Baja. Have you seen one in person? I was at the dealer and they looked pretty yellow to me. I didn't get get the yellow/orange vibe.

Tree Frog

After having 3 yellow vehicles in a few years the wife unit told me that was IT! No More!
76 CJ-5 in Corvette yellow, 76 Chevy step side in bright yellow and a 2001 Nissan frontier in Solar yellow.

The Jeep was painted the bright yellow because of the fact we spent a lot of time snow wheeling in the Sierras and if we were to ever break down, get stuck or whatever I wanted Search and Rescue to be able to find us. Had several real close calls with people in Reno that acted like they could not see a Black CJ-5 on 35's and would pull out right in front of us or cut me off.
At least no one can say they did not see you if you are bright yellow.

My step side was repainted in a silver and grey scheme, that instead of "looking like an old mans truck" came out looking sinister and now attracts more attention than ever.
It is about time for its next paint job and I still think about going back to yellow.

I really liked that Amped but knew it was going to be hard to repaint if any damage was to ever occur.
Reminded me of Lemon Ice or whatever that color was called a few years ago. PPG?
That detonator yellow was real cool and I like that Dozier as well.
Just looked up that Baja and its looks real yellow to me. Never have heard about it coming out. Special color? Remember I might as well live under a rock here in Roseburg.

So Duktrx how's that cough doing? Hope to see you over there.

ClarksAdventures

After having 3 yellow vehicles in a few years the wife unit told me that was IT! No More!
76 CJ-5 in Corvette yellow, 76 Chevy step side in bright yellow and a 2001 Nissan frontier in Solar yellow.

The Jeep was painted the bright yellow because of the fact we spent a lot of time snow wheeling in the Sierras and if we were to ever break down, get stuck or whatever I wanted Search and Rescue to be able to find us. Had several real close calls with people in Reno that acted like they could not see a Black CJ-5 on 35's and would pull out right in front of us or cut me off.
At least no one can say they did not see you if you are bright yellow.

My step side was repainted in a silver and grey scheme, that instead of "looking like an old mans truck" came out looking sinister and now attracts more attention than ever.
It is about time for its next paint job and I still think about going back to yellow.

I really liked that Amped but knew it was going to be hard to repaint if any damage was to ever occur.
Reminded me of Lemon Ice or whatever that color was called a few years ago. PPG?
That detonator yellow was real cool and I like that Dozier as well.
Just looked up that Baja and its looks real yellow to me. Never have heard about it coming out. Special color? Remember I might as well live under a rock here in Roseburg.

So Duktrx how's that cough doing? Hope to see you over there.

Not really a special color, they just added it this year along with the Tank Color. I'm sure it'll be around for a few years

Top Bottom