Wave from Northeast Ohio

dchew

Caught the Bug
Hello to everyone! The build date of my 2013 JKUR (manual) in Billet Silver is set for 10-Dec. That is less than a week away! And it shouldn't take long to ship from Toledo. I currently have a bone-stock JKUR that will be sold to a friend.

I've decided to do some work on the new one. Many thanks to all the postes here and at JK-Forum. A true wealth of information. Also thanks to JPopp for his help and guidance, and to Eddie for his inspiration. The build plans below are not coincidentally similar to RubiCat... :)

Already arrived:
JE Reel 1350 front driveshaft
Truck-Lite headlights
Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer & bracket

Ordered / shipping:
EVO MFG NEW BOLT ON COILOVER KIT (FRONT)
EVO MFG NEW BOLT ON COILOVER KIT (REAR)
EVO MFG(9) JK Draglink Flip Kit
EVO MFG(4) Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade Kit
EVO Mfg C2 Axle Gussets
EVO MFG(3) Armor Rock Sliders
EVO MFG(5) ProTeK Skid System
TeraFlex JK HD Hinged Carrier and Adjustable Spare Tire Mounting Kit
ROCKMONSTER - Hutchinson Rock Monster Wheels - Argent

I will chop the fenders and front bumper. Tires will be 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers. I won't order them until I'm ready. Eventually I will replace the front and rear bumper along with a winch. I thought back and forth about the EVO Rock Skins. I think they would look great with the Billet Silver, but here in NE Ohio I just can't bear to put a bunch of holes in the rocker panels. I want to keep this a long time and am worried about corrosion with all the salt here. :( But I welcome your opinions about that or anything else related to this build.

I'm also not sure I did the right thing with the Fox steering stabilizer. Should maybe have gone with the new PSC Ram Assist?

Ciao,
Dave

dchew

Caught the Bug
Welcome to Wayalife! Sounds like your rig will be built quick.

Yeah I hope so. I would rather not go through a whole winter before building. Everything gets twice as hard to work on with salt and corrosion. It doesn't get all that cold here but it snows a lot so salt is used constantly.

Once I get started I will open a thread either here in JK Tech or over on JK-Forum, and post as I go. I will probably have to do the welding at one place then move it. I will have to figure out if there is a way to do that. Maybe I will have to do the whole rear end at the weld shop, I don't know.

Dave

dchew

Caught the Bug
It's here!

The Jeep is at the dealer!

Hopefully this coming week I can meet with the buyer of my 2010 at the dealership and get this all done.
:)

MTG

Caught the Bug
Welcome! :standing wave:

Looks like a very nice build! I'd probably skip the Fox SS. You'll probably want the PSC ram assist sooner than later...it's hard to turn these tires at times!

pedro2009

Jeep Wave from Cleveland! I just bought my first Wrangler four weeks ago and love it! Live in Cleveland. Wanna try a trail here at some point in the near future.

dchew

Caught the Bug
Awesome! Welcome to WAYALIFE. I'd go with you but my Jeep is up on a lift right now! Maybe in a few weeks.

Dave

Top Bottom