Wave from Central AR

JeepHog71

Hey all,
Relatively new Jeeper here. Bought my Anvil 2014 JKU Sport 'S' used last year on July 4 with 950 miles on it.
Been on a couple of trail rides (more of a trail ride than rock climber) had it out in the snow last winter, been to Ouray, Co for the Jeep Jamboree this past Labor Day weekend.
(It's got 24k miles on it, now)

Only minor mods so far - JKS Quicker Disconnects I won in Ouray, headlights (not LED), windshield lights I won on Twitter, lights above front bumper, high access end caps on stock bumper, painted the exhaust/muffler black and Plast-dipped the hinges black - looking at putting a 2" lift/leveling spring kit on it (can't go higher or my wife can't get into it!) will change wheels/tires when the stock tires need replacement.

Maintenance ideas and suggestions are welcome, as are trail suggestions in the Mid-south.

Walt
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444071301.915181.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444071348.435050.jpg

Hey all,
Relatively new Jeeper here. Bought my Anvil 2014 JKU Sport 'S' used last year on July 4 with 950 miles on it.
Been on a couple of trail rides (more of a trail ride than rock climber) had it out in the snow last winter, been to Ouray, Co for the Jeep Jamboree this past Labor Day weekend.
(It's got 24k miles on it, now)

Only minor mods so far - JKS Quicker Disconnects I won in Ouray, headlights (not LED), windshield lights I won on Twitter, lights above front bumper, high access end caps on stock bumper, painted the exhaust/muffler black and Plast-dipped the hinges black - looking at putting a 2" lift/leveling spring kit on it (can't go higher or my wife can't get into it!) will change wheels/tires when the stock tires need replacement.

Maintenance ideas and suggestions are welcome, as are trail suggestions in the Mid-south.

Walt
View attachment 168030
View attachment 168032

Welcome -- Disney Oklahoma and Devil's Den

Steve

Welcome to the club. Living here in Memphis there's really not many good trails here in the mid-south. From Memphis all of the good decent parks and stuff for trail riding they're all at least 3 or 4 hours away. If you're looking for good trails in Arkansas without having to come into Tennessee i'd look at hot springs orv park in Hot Springs, AR or the ozarks. We have a lot of good trails in middle to East Tennessee though. If you ever come to Memphis let me know and i'll take you out to the Covington Pike Bottoms which is basically miles upon miles of trails in Memphis. It's the best trail riding we got here but be prepared to get muddy though ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444173176.614147.jpg
Mine's in the front.

Central Ark

Welcome Hog,
We in Arkansas are surely blessed with trails. Hot Springs ORV Park in Hot Springs is most surely a favorite. We also love to explore the Ozark National Forest all the way from Hector area north to Harrison and west all the way to Winslow.

I would like to invite you to come out with the Arkansas Jeep Owners Society Jeep Club. We take a ride to HS ORV every month on the 3rd Saturday. Meeting start is at Steve Landers Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership behind the Rave Theater in West Little Rock.

We also have an outing planned for this months ride. Instead of going to HS ORV, a group of us are riding out to the Lake Sylvia Rec Area to camp out for the night. We're leaving out around noon on the 17th. We would love to see you come on out.

Our club public page is on FB as Arkansas Jeep Owners Society. We are stock and family friendly club and won't ever push you or your rig past what you are comfortable with.

Top Bottom