Watch out for hidden obstacles! OUCH...

TheLloyd

I have no idea if any of you have seen this or if this even your rig. But a buddy of mine sent this to me today.

Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 1.29.27 PM.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It almost got his if I recall correctly. He had to have stitches in his leg r something like that I think.

The story is online and someone could probably look it up.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What was originally planned to be a nice easy New Years Day Run got sideways on me very quickly.

I believe what happened was that my drivers front tire caught the tip of a fallen tree that was laying paralell to the trail and it kicked it up or turned it in such a way as to jump up a bit and i was travelling at just the right speed and and at just the right angle ( i think the tree missed everthing but the brake line before it hit the firewall ) to drive it through the firewall upwards between the clutch and brake pedal grazing my groin and hitting me in the left side of my stomach pinning me to the seat. It happened really fast and very violently and i think the driver behind me had a better view of what happened but that's the best i can describe it. i've driven over logs and branches before and never even considered the idea of one coming up through the floor. i guess like any time i get hurt i always think that i could have been more careful, but it still seems like a one in a million type thing ( everyone who witnessed the accident seems to agree ).

Thankfully I was wheeling with a group and they were able to transport me out to get medical attention. They also took care of my Jeep and have made it so much easier for me to concentrate on healing. I am forever grateful for there help. Thanks again Ian, Tom, Blair, Martin and the rest of the guys.

I wasn't being careless, but in the future I will certainly be more careful. I've heard of other incidents similar to mine since it happened, but never before. Please be safe on the trails.

As you can see in the pics, i have some damage to my torso ( my " boys " also took a hard shot and are swollen to 3 times normal size and are dark purple ). There was internal bleeding that stopped on it's own without surgery, and i have damage to my kidney and bowel that require another visit to the trauma Doctor. In the meantime i have some time off work to heal, I am very swollen/ bruised/ stiff and sore but everything seems to be working OK.

here are some pics...
...there is a small peice of tree missing from the pics that i had to break off to exit my Jeep.

Her I'm bored at work and found it.

Rivertoys

Just a little more speed and he would'a tore up the jewels!!!
sSc_eek2.gif

Philip *AZ*

Banned
A little more speed would have cost him the jewels! Im just glad that this was a freak accident and he wasnt being stupid. This could have happened to any of us. Fortunately he was only slightly injured and had some good people with him.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

Skirmish

On a trip to Big Bear we had a guy do kinda the same thing but without the leg stabbing part. He ran over a branch on the trail and stood it up into the tranny. It wedged between the body, trans and exhaust so tight it took a sawzall to remove it. The point came out next to his shifter making it into a 4 speed for the ride home.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364511082.957330.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364511102.492181.jpg

Top Bottom