Washington DC Auto Show

Slaphitter

I live here. The irony of a jeep show in a place where there is no interesting off-roading. :/ Masks aren’t really a big deal here. You do see one occasionally, even at my gun range. But not a lot. For some reason I see more people wearing masks inside my office building in Arlington (like in the elevator) than anywhere else.

Respectfully, the EV emphasis at the car shows isn’t “commie”, it’s capitalism. Just good old fashioned marketing. You want to sell a product, you hype the product.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I live here. The irony of a jeep show in a place where there is no interesting off-roading. :/ Masks aren’t really a big deal here. You do see one occasionally, even at my gun range. But not a lot. For some reason I see more people wearing masks inside my office building in Arlington (like in the elevator) than anywhere else.

Respectfully, the EV emphasis at the car shows isn’t “commie”, it’s capitalism. Just good old fashioned marketing. You want to sell a product, you hype the product.

I have no problem with the Free Market aspect of EV, I do however have a problem with Fed Gov forcing the issue with regulations and tax credits. If the consumer wants one then buy one. If the consumer wants a Hellcat Redeye or a Rubicon Wrangler 392 they should be able to buy one, however that choice is being made by the Fed Gov not the consumer. While not outlawed outright the penalties and polices imposed are forcing the change. In addition let’s remember that gas and diesel are more expensive because of direct actions taken by Biden. One would be naive to not see the connection here.

As a Virginian I see far more individuals wearing masks in NOVA and the District than in the rest of the state. Just an observation. Like EV’s masks should be a choice not mandated by the Fed Gov.

Slaphitter

No disagreement with any of those observations. Yesterday I was at a gun show in Fredericksburg, which I regard as being more like real Virginia than the DC metro. Even in the gun show, there were a few masks here and there. Not a lot, but some. (I even saw one camo mask, haha).

Personally, while I dislike any government subsidy, I do really like driving electric, for the driving experience. (Yes I have a 4xe). Maybe it’s the golfer in me enjoying an oversized golf cart experience. :p At any rate, if the government decided to hand out money, I’m certainly going to claim my portion of it! But I like having the gas motor too - range anxiety.

And honestly I love it when Jeep (and the supercar companies) use hybrid technology to create massive horsepower and torque, rather than high gas mileage like a Prius. That’s actually why I bought the 4xe. Kind of fun in a geeky way, but really, the oomph is NICE.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have no problem with the Free Market aspect of EV, I do however have a problem with Fed Gov forcing the issue with regulations and tax credits. If the consumer wants one then buy one. If the consumer wants a Hellcat Redeye or a Rubicon Wrangler 392 they should be able to buy one, however that choice is being made by the Fed Gov not the consumer. While not outlawed outright the penalties and polices imposed are forcing the change. In addition let’s remember that gas and diesel are more expensive because of direct actions taken by Biden. One would be naive to not see the connection here.

As a Virginian I see far more individuals wearing masks in NOVA and the District than in the rest of the state. Just an observation. Like EV’s masks should be a choice not mandated by the Fed Gov.
Couldn't have said it better. To me, there's nothing capitalistic about federal government regulations and tax credits to force an agenda.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
The show was fun and DC is entertaining for short periods of time, however it is good to be headed out of NOVA and back into rural Virginia.

One of the stark differences of this year’s Auto Show was the lack of all things German. No Audi, no Porsche, no BWM, and no Mercedes. While I am a Jeep Guy I do admire the styling and engineering of German Autos and was hoping to see some of the Rhineland's finest. Maybe next year?

Top Bottom