Warn Winches Flash Sale!

MericaMade

What WJCO said above. It also carries a higher waterproof rating. The line speed is great, the wireless remote is really nice to have. I’ve had the 12s for two years and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

After WJCO went and made a poster board for me, I went and jumped over to the site and started reading. I am reading they are both IP68 and can be underwater for 30-minutes at depths of up to 1 meter for both. Did something change in the last two years? because you bring up a valid point about waterproof rating.

wjtstudios

Hooked
After WJCO went and made a poster board for me, I went and jumped over to the site and started reading. I am reading they are both IP68 and can be underwater for 30-minutes at depths of up to 1 meter for both. Did something change in the last two years? because you bring up a valid point about waterproof rating.

They may have bumped the Zeon up to match. That was one of the original selling points when it came out having the highest waterproof rating of any winch.

maskale

I cant compare the Non platinum to the platinum. but I have a 12s and 10s Platinum. Physically they are the same size, my guess the gearing is different to get the extra pull power. The 10 is a little faster. They have been very reliable, never had a problem with the wireless signal, it works from over 100' away.

The clutch fail safes into the engaged position. The only way the clutch can disengage is if there is no load on the line.

Some wireless remotes don't like to jog, these don't have a problem.

The wireless accessory functions are kind of a gimmick. yes they work as advertised but they are not practical. You wont like pulling the remote out, turning it on, going to the accessory function just to turn your fog lights on or what ever else. Especially if its something you turn off and on a lot. The plug needed to plug into these plugs are standard 2 pin SAE plugs, you can get them just about anywhere.

About the only negative I have is the remotes battery will die in 3-4 weeks of not being plugged in. When charged the battery will last for dozens of winching sessions over a week of wheeling. But if its left to sit it will die. The good part is Warn sends a long charge cable, so the remote can be plugged in and immediately used while its charging from a dead battery.

The wireless function on the winch has an off/on switch, it will be a parasitic draw on your jeep battery if left on all the time. Not an issue you unless you park the jeep for a month with the winch powered on.

It has no option of a wired backup, some have expressed concern over this. It has a regular style contactor that controls it, it would be easy to install a wired plug port to have a back up corded remote or in cab controls. You would loose the clutch control, but in a pinch you can just power the cable out if needed. With a little more wiring you could also control the clutch with a wired switch, prolly not worth the hassle.

I think the over temp function is kind of a gimmick also. The temp sensor is not on the motor, its on the contactor. Maybe they have figured out they both get hot at the same time. But I would rather have it on the motor.

Over all a very good winch.

Last edited:

TheGrendel

I cant compare the Non platinum to the platinum. but I have a 12s and 10s Platinum. Physically they are the same size, my guess the gearing is different to get the extra pull power. The 10 is a little faster. They have been very reliable, never had a problem with the wireless signal, it works from over 100' away.

The clutch fail safes into the engaged position. The only way the clutch can disengage is if there is no load on the line.

The wireless accessory functions are kind of a gimmick. yes they work as advertised but they are not practical. You wont like pulling the remote out, turning it on, going to the accessory function just to turn your fog lights on or what ever else. Especially if its something you turn off and on a lot. The plug needed to plug into these plugs are standard 2 pin SAE plugs, you can get them just about anywhere.

About the only negative I have is the remotes battery will die in 3-4 weeks of not being plugged in. When charged the battery will last for dozens of winching sessions over a week of wheeling. But if its left to sit it will die. The good part is Warn sends a long charge cable, so the remote can be plugged in and immediately used while its charging from a dead battery.

The wireless function on the winch has an off/on switch, it will be a parasitic draw on your jeep battery if left on all the time. Not an issue you unless you park the jeep for a month with the winch powered on.

It has no option of a wired backup, some have expressed concern over this. It has a regular style contactor that controls it, it would be easy to install a wired plug port to have a back up corded remote or in cab controls. You would loose the clutch control, but in a pinch you can just power the cable out if needed. With a little more wiring you could also control the clutch with a wired switch, prolly not worth the hassle.

I think the over temp function is kind of a gimmick also. The temp sensor is not on the motor, its on the contactor. Maybe they have figured out they both get hot at the same time. But I would rather have it on the motor.

pretty much nailed it. i have the platinum 10. the accessory deal is definitely a gimmick. and i had the same issue of the winch draining my battery when i left it on and my Jeep was sitting in the garage for a long time.

MericaMade

pretty much nailed it. i have the platinum 10. the accessory deal is definitely a gimmick. and i had the same issue of the winch draining my battery when i left it on and my Jeep was sitting in the garage for a long time.

Thank you for the in depth reviews that further cements my decision. I have been looking, reading, and watching some videos and decided to go with Zeon 10S. I was originally looking at the VR10 but I am glad you guys got me looking at the Zeon. Wife is being a little stubborn on this purchased but hopefully I will be calling Exodus soon.

USMC Wrangler

Fuck it, I’ll make it easy. If you want a Zeon 10-S (part #89611) I’ll do it for $1250 shipped, today. Pretty much what everyone uses. Normal price is $1358.56

Are you still in “fuck it” mode? I know it’s an old offer, but seriously asking for a friend. I just talked him off the “Badlands winches are better than Warn” ledge. [emoji849]

M0J0

Their stock synthetic rope is junk. I took out mine and made it into an extension. It is two different sizes due to the sheathing. It does not roll up nicely and makes a mess. It is also too long at 100ft. One nice thing about the platinum is knowing the temp. I would save the cash and skip the platinum and synthetic. Buy a synthetic rope like Masterpull, Viking, etc . Keep the roller for the synthetic.

WJCO

Meme King
Their stock synthetic rope is junk. I took out mine and made it into an extension. It is two different sizes due to the sheathing. It does not roll up nicely and makes a mess. It is also too long at 100ft. One nice thing about the platinum is knowing the temp. I would save the cash and skip the platinum and synthetic. Buy a synthetic rope like Masterpull, Viking, etc . Keep the roller for the synthetic.

While I will agree that on the Zeon, 100 feet is a little long because unless you coil it perfectly, it rubs the inside of the top of the housing, I definitely don't consider the Spydura rope junk. I've used mine many times and it's done just fine year after year here. If it ever wears or breaks beyond repair, I'd buy another warn line in a heartbeat.

M0J0

While I will agree that on the Zeon, 100 feet is a little long because unless you coil it perfectly, it rubs the inside of the top of the housing, I definitely don't consider the Spydura rope junk. I've used mine many times and it's done just fine year after year here. If it ever wears or breaks beyond repair, I'd buy another warn line in a heartbeat.

The rope design is bad. The rope itself is Dyneema. I should have clarified that. Just cut off the sheathed section to around 60-65ft. It is more than just binding up and rubbing. When you get several wrapped layers you your winch power drops. On short pulls your 10K winch just dropped to 8K or less.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
....When you get several wrapped layers you your winch power drops. On short pulls your 10K winch just dropped to 8K or less.

I’m no engineer, but I’m pretty sure that is true with any winch regardless of the synthetic rope. Pulling power drops substantially with anything more than a few layers on the drum.

Top Bottom