VIDEO : Will ACCUAIR Work in Cold

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that the ACCUAIR Suspension System for the Jeep Gladiator and Wrangler does use an air compressor, whether or not it will still work in cold temperatures is a legitimate question. And, as luck would have it, this has been one heck of a winter for Cindy and I and with night time temps dropping down into the single digits. Needless to say, it's been a perfect time to see how it does.

BUY WAYALIFE T-Shirts & MERCH: https://wayalife.myspreadshop.ca/

#jeep #airsuspension #accuair #wayalife #jeepgladiator #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #jeepjt #jtjeep #gladiatortruck #jeeptruck #jeepwrangler #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jeepjl #jljeep #maxpayload #winter #coldtemps

kevman65

Hooked
First, thank you for 2+ minutes of a happy dog enjoying the snow. We haven't had enough for Gracie to get out to snow plow and make doggie angels.

Second, that Florida truck is going into shock from the weather you're showing it 🤪 I really wondered how it would do in winter conditions and it looks like with just a little of preemptive maintenance it does fine.

jeeeep

Hooked
That ACCUAIR is pretty impressive and seems well engineered.

What tires are on that JT?

Ripley's a happy pup; can't show my dog that part of the video, she'd be packing us up and demanding we move.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
First, thank you for 2+ minutes of a happy dog enjoying the snow. We haven't had enough for Gracie to get out to snow plow and make doggie angels.

Second, that Florida truck is going into shock from the weather you're showing it 🤪 I really wondered how it would do in winter conditions and it looks like with just a little of preemptive maintenance it does fine.
LOL - I don't think this truck will ever be the same once it gets back to ACCUAIR. As far as winter goes, I'll be the first to say that I'm surprised that it's doing as well as it is. I kind of had my doubts with the compressor but like I say in the video, this has been an unusually cold and long winter for us and I think we've been able to put it to the test.

Glad you enjoyed seeing Ripley too :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That ACCUAIR is pretty impressive and seems well engineered.

What tires are on that JT?

Ripley's a happy pup; can't show my dog that part of the video, she'd be packing us up and demanding we move.
The JT is running 37x12.50 Toyo MT's. They're a great tire and ones that we've run many times in the past.

kevman65

Hooked
How many days in a row have you had single digit temps?

If it has been several, then it's a GREAT test for the rubber in the system.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How many days in a row have you had single digit temps?

If it has been several, then it's a GREAT test for the rubber in the system.
When we were filming this, we had about a week of single digits but only over night. Daytime temps were in the teens and 20s.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Great video. The ACCUAIR System does not seem to care what the weather conditions are which makes for solid reliability.

Ripley Cam is always appreciated! She is such a happy puppy and always has that mischievous sparkle in her eyes. Thanks for posting!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. The ACCUAIR System does not seem to care what the weather conditions are which makes for solid reliability.

Ripley Cam is always appreciated! She is such a happy puppy and always has that mischievous sparkle in her eyes. Thanks for posting!
No lie, I told my friend at ACCUAIR that we would put their system though the ringer. He just said, have fun! So far, I've been really impressed.

Happy to hear you enjoyed seeing Ripley. She definitely is our "trouble maker" LOL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is that strut piece stainless? Would it rust?
So, what we have is untreated billet aluminum but only because it's all pre-production. The production pistons will be billet aluminum with a clear type III anodized finish to help prevent corrosion.

Sinpersx

Being that the ACCUAIR Suspension System for the Jeep Gladiator and Wrangler does use an air compressor, whether or not it will still work in cold temperatures is a legitimate question. And, as luck would have it, this has been one heck of a winter for Cindy and I and with night time temps dropping down into the single digits. Needless to say, it's been a perfect time to see how it does.

BUY WAYALIFE T-Shirts & MERCH: https://wayalife.myspreadshop.ca/

#jeep #airsuspension #accuair #wayalife #jeepgladiator #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #jeepjt #jtjeep #gladiatortruck #jeeptruck #jeepwrangler #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jeepjl #jljeep #maxpayload #winter #coldtempsr

Really love the idea instant of upgrade lift kit from high to low that sys all help a lot save cost but can that sys work and install in JK 2 door or only JL_JT
Thanks you are always supruies us with cool stuff

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really love the idea instant of upgrade lift kit from high to low that sys all help a lot save cost but can that sys work and install in JK 2 door or only JL_JT
Thanks you are always supruies us with cool stuff
A JKU version should be released later on this month but currently, there is no bolt on application for a 2-door. There's just nowhere to put everything. But, just like anything, I'm sure you could make it work if you're willing to make some compromises inside your Jeep.

Top Bottom