VIDEO : PIPPI on the Rocks Testing Her Rubicon Sway Bar Disconnect

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Surprisingly capable mostly stock 2 door Jeep. That sway bar mod is badass. I'm going to keep an eye out for a used bar.
The damn thing really does impress the hell out of me.
Also, I've had a number of people tell me that since the video, they've found sway bars for less than what I paid so they're out there.

That was a fun video to watch. I chuckled when Cindy walked Moby up the waterfall with such little effort… then was amazed you made it too. I was thinking, nope, no way. 😝

Time for some 38" Trail Grapplers 😂 Honestly though, I wish I had a close to stock Jeep at times for the extra fun and challenge. Makes us better drivers for sure. Great video!

Sgt_USMC

It’s almost stunning how well a stock Jeep can do, especially when there is a good experienced driver behind the wheel. I was unsure if it would make it up the bypass, but it sure did! Great video!

JAGS

Hooked
That looked like a great trail. Plenty to wheel and see. Not only stock, but a stock 2-dr. Must feel way different then all your recent rigs. Fun for sure as evident by the big grins. 😁

AdamLo

Eddie, thank you for having Pippi and doing this series with the intend of keeping it stock-ish. I just bought my first wrangler a few days ago, a white 2020 Unlimited Sport S. I am not new to offroading or jeeps, but this is my first that I have bought rather than my parents or inherited from family. As much as I would love to build something like one of your other jeeps, like most people, I don't have that kind of money. There is often social pressure to build a jeep and put a lot of money into it. However, a stock Sport can do incredibly well offroad with no/little modifications. I really appreciate that your're helping break that social pressure by keeping Pippi stock-ish. I look forward to more photos and videos of the fun things you, Cindy, and Pippi will do.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Time for some 38" Trail Grapplers 😂 Honestly though, I wish I had a close to stock Jeep at times for the extra fun and challenge. Makes us better drivers for sure. Great video!
LOL - eh, yeah... :ROFLMAO:
And yes, I have to say that wheeling Pippi has been a blast! Literally, EVERYTHING is a challenge and that makes it so much fun. (y)
Must be refreshing to wheel such a light and nimble rig…

Hey Ripley…how do you make an octopus laugh?…ten tickles…
It's light and nimble for sure but it really could benefit from at least a better set of tires. Still, tons of fun even without them though.
It’s almost stunning how well a stock Jeep can do, especially when there is a good experienced driver behind the wheel. I was unsure if it would make it up the bypass, but it sure did! Great video!
Jeep really has outdone themselves with their new traction control. It literally makes you feel as if you have lockers. I think if Pippi had a 4:1 transfer case, she'd do so much better.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That looked like a great trail. Plenty to wheel and see. Not only stock, but a stock 2-dr. Must feel way different then all your recent rigs. Fun for sure as evident by the big grins. 😁
LOL - let me tell ya, the big grins were all real. (y)
Eddie, thank you for having Pippi and doing this series with the intend of keeping it stock-ish. I just bought my first wrangler a few days ago, a white 2020 Unlimited Sport S. I am not new to offroading or jeeps, but this is my first that I have bought rather than my parents or inherited from family. As much as I would love to build something like one of your other jeeps, like most people, I don't have that kind of money. There is often social pressure to build a jeep and put a lot of money into it. However, a stock Sport can do incredibly well offroad with no/little modifications. I really appreciate that your're helping break that social pressure by keeping Pippi stock-ish. I look forward to more photos and videos of the fun things you, Cindy, and Pippi will do.
I'm really so happy to hear it. And really, screw social pressure. I've got multiple built up rigs and can tell you that I'm just as happy if not more so wheeling Pippi.

Sgt_USMC

If I didn’t know it was as close to stock as it is I would have thought it did have lockers! I can’t wait until I can physically be able to go wheeling in my Rubi. For now I’m stuck to dirt roads. 😡 In time I now I will.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If I didn’t know it was as close to stock as it is I would have thought it did have lockers! I can’t wait until I can physically be able to go wheeling in my Rubi. For now I’m stuck to dirt roads. 😡 In time I now I will.
Nothing wrong with dirt roads. Most of the places that Cindy and I would prefer to be are on them. A trail like what you see in this video lead to cool historic mines and that's what we're most interested in seeing. Having something more capable just allows you to go further if the trail become... a bit more technical like what you just saw. :)

Sgt_USMC

That ^ is a very good point! I hadn’t thought of it that way. We do love history and this just gives us another way to actually experience history.

Top Bottom