VIDEO : MOAB - IT STARTS AGAIN / Part 2 - Metal Masher & Poison Spider + CODE 1

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Love the video!! I can only imagine how much bump stop code1 has to be running so that the 42’s don’t rip the fenders off!

Graywolf

Great video, the new JL seems to be very capable with just a few mods. I have noticed that you have to get back to your driving skills, and not rely on the point and go that you have with Mobly. I had to do the same thing when I soled my 86 CJ that was highly moded. But getting back to watching the trail and picking your lines is what made me love this sport so much. Well that and my smokin hot wife and being out in the middle of no where and all the benie;s that provides. Oh and the beer, Don't forget the beer. LOL. :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another excellent video. It shoots my theory the JL is mostly a cosmetic upgrade to the JK right in the ass.
I keep imagining a Jeep engineer gettin a cold one from the fridge and sitting down to watch part 2 and sees the transmission get confused mid-climb. :doh: Hope they fix that one fast.

LOL!! Oh, I can assure you that they've been watching our videos and I've even talked to them about it out in Moab. That being said, they don't seem to be too concerned about this one being that the answer for them is to be in manual mode.

Your telling me! Maybe it’s the videos or the time of year but Moab is on top of my list right now!

Get your Jeep and let's do it :thumb:

Once again a great vidso as always. The more i see of the JL there more i want one.

LOL!! The JL is really nice :)

Great video. Code1 gives me renewed belief in the potential of my JKU Sport

Great to hear but I'm curious to know in what way?

Sweet video! Surprised to see that Code 1 is running without a spare.

LOL!! Where would they put it?

Awesome video, great editing as usual!!!

Thank you, we're so glad you liked it :)

Great video - not just a "Wayolife", but really as always a "Joyolife" - great scenery, great driving, great discussion. This "Georgia Jeeper" would love to get out there some day!!!:thumb:

LOL!! Awesome, thanks and yes, you need to get out there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm taking it as a sign from the cosmic forces ... go to the JL, the force is strong with the JL....

:cheesy: let go and follow the power of the force!

Great Video..... Moab is one of my favorite places.

Thanks!

Awesome shots! Seeing code1 in person, pictures and videos just don’t do it justice!

Very true! :cool:

The good news is the trail wasn't dusty! And the colors in the video were pretty amazing.... I will be running those trails on my trip at the end of the may! Hope we can catch some color like that!

I might have preferred the dust but the colors couldn't be beat for sure.

Love the video!! I can only imagine how much bump stop code1 has to be running so that the 42’s don’t rip the fenders off!

Even with the bump stop extensions on top of the bump stop extensions, Code 1 was still rubbing the fenders big time. :crazyeyes:

I can’t say enough just how much of an inspiration you guys are. It’s a big reason why I make it a point to get out every chance we get. Being that we do live so close to a lot of trails we are very lucky and it’s something we certainly don’t take for granted. Looking forward to getting out with you again, hopefully next trip down or sometime later in the year.

Rinkydink56

Loss Of Power

He probably had the ECS turned on. IO was reading that this should be off when off road in situations as this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can’t say enough just how much of an inspiration you guys are. It’s a big reason why I make it a point to get out every chance we get. Being that we do live so close to a lot of trails we are very lucky and it’s something we certainly don’t take for granted. Looking forward to getting out with you again, hopefully next trip down or sometime later in the year.

Need to plan a trip for sure :thumb:

Great video as always! They inspire me to get my Jeep out and explore.

Awesome, glad to hear it :cool:

Great video of the new JL and Moab, Thank you guys for all of your hard work on these productions.

You bet. We're just so glad that you enjoyed the video :)

He probably had the ECS turned on. IO was reading that this should be off when off road in situations as this.

Umm, welcome to WAYALIFE from 2017. You clearly have never wheeled a JL before. You might want to do that before talking about what you've been "reading". :yup:

BitBucket

Eddie,

Great video and nice to see the JL in action. I just got back from a week April 8 -14th in Moab with friends. My old (now) JKU did great on Poison Spyder. We also hit White Pocket (similar to the Wave) on the way back.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Another great video! Really weird that the trans would shift or whatever under load like that. Looks like you got a handle on it now.

Dynatrac’s Code1 Jeep is the bomb! That looks so good with the top setup safari style. Want!

Brute

Hooked
Great video, the new JL seems to be very capable with just a few mods. I have noticed that you have to get back to your driving skills, and not rely on the point and go that you have with Mobly. I had to do the same thing when I soled my 86 CJ that was highly moded. But getting back to watching the trail and picking your lines is what made me love this sport so much. Well that and my smokin hot wife and being out in the middle of no where and all the benie;s that provides. Oh and the beer, Don't forget the beer. LOL. :D

Can you expound on the "smoking hot wife and being out in the middle of nowhere"...this could be a JL commercial

robx251

Caught the Bug
The video was great. I am glad you seem to have found a work around for the automatic transmission issue when it cuts out.

Also the CODE 1 was neat. I followed the build on MTOD and Facebook. The 42s seem huge on that jl

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Hi Eddie,
I was talking to a eletronics mech at Jeep near my place about the cutoff on the JL and even though we don't have tha model yet, nor will be getting the V6 he as a pretty good idea of what is going on.

His take is that the oil is getting too hot (to viscous) either in the engine or the trans and is giving cutoff signals to the system in certain positions. He believes the oil used should be slightly "heavier" .....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie,

Great video and nice to see the JL in action. I just got back from a week April 8 -14th in Moab with friends. My old (now) JKU did great on Poison Spyder. We also hit White Pocket (similar to the Wave) on the way back.

Awesome that you were able to get out there :thumb:

Another great video! Really weird that the trans would shift or whatever under load like that. Looks like you got a handle on it now.

Dynatrac’s Code1 Jeep is the bomb! That looks so good with the top setup safari style. Want!

Not 100% sure what the transmission is doing when it happens as it certainly doesn't shift. In fact, I would have thought the problem were throttle related or maybe had to do something with traction control but ruled that out once we realized the problem can be addressed by shifting into manual mode.

Code 1 is nice for sure :yup:

Good stuff. I learn something new every time I watch one of your videos.

Awesome, glad to hear it! :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The video was great. I am glad you seem to have found a work around for the automatic transmission issue when it cuts out.

Also the CODE 1 was neat. I followed the build on MTOD and Facebook. The 42s seem huge on that jl

Thanks and we're glad to have figured the power cut out problem too. Totally sucked when it happened.

Another great video with some Kick Ass Rigs! Thanks again for sharing🥃 Can’t wait to experience Moab....

Definitely a place you have to experience first hand :yup:

Hi Eddie,
I was talking to a eletronics mech at Jeep near my place about the cutoff on the JL and even though we don't have tha model yet, nor will be getting the V6 he as a pretty good idea of what is going on.

His take is that the oil is getting too hot (to viscous) either in the engine or the trans and is giving cutoff signals to the system in certain positions. He believes the oil used should be slightly "heavier" .....

You know, we thought about this too and if you'll notice, when the problem happened to Tony, his fan kicked into high gear right after the power cutout happened. For me, my fan was already spinning in high gear when I lost power. The only thing that threw us off is that it also happened to me on Mirror Gulch and the fan wasn't roaring and so long as you're in manual mode, it doesn't happen. But still, it could be that heat has something to do with this problem.

jesse3638

Hooked
Awesome video! A little moistures is good to keep the dust down but what you guys were in was too much for me. I hate mud. I could see how the loss of power could be down right dangerous. Remembers when we got the 2011 F-250 and took it to the dunes the first time. In the 2007 you simply could just push teh ESC off button and you were good to go. In the new one you had to hold it to completely disable it and we discovered it when we needed momentum to turn. Went to throttle out of the turn and all of a sudden no power. We though we were going to roll very scary. I can't wait to get out there again and a JL is definitely on my distant radar..haha.

Edit: Should have went with the manual trans like you were thinking. Power cut out solved..haha.

Top Bottom